Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: B&M ceramic eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M ceramic eyes

Was fishing today and noticed the ceramic gone out of one of the eyes on a new 14 ft Pro Trolling rod. I thought I had read where B&M stated they had gotten a bad batch or something. Anyone heard this?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there was a post about a batch of bad glue and eyes falling out with some of the Bn'M rods,I would contact Bn'm and let them know.

Post Thanks / Like

I take the tips of EVERY b-n-m rod to the rod smith and have him replace the tips before I ever use them, as almost always will they fall out.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could find a rod smith. Got a trash barrell in my garage full of various types of broken crappie poles.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Filletfrier View Post
    I wish I could find a rod smith. Got a trash barrell in my garage full of various types of broken crappie poles.

I BUY THE ROD TIPS AND HOT GLUE. THE BROKEN RODS ARE FIXED WITH 2 TON CLEAR EPOXY AND BROKEN ROD PARTS IN THE JOINTS.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie10 View Post
    I take the tips of EVERY b-n-m rod to the rod smith and have him replace the tips before I ever use them, as almost always will they fall out.
    I mean nothing by it would hate to have to take a new rod for fix! The B$m's i have are also barell full.. Cant and dont want to afford it no more, and am going with the wally marshalls 14FTR'es i caught 7 nice slabs wright at 1.25 to 1.50 the other day and they handled them well Esp. yanking them in with no net and am really impressed! the bigger ones i pulled to the frount of the baot and grabbed the line and after making sure it was a good hook set, in the boat they went. Thats just my Opionon take it for whats its worth any input would be apprc. I will say one thing love my new uncle buc's jiggen rod it dont get no better then it!!
    Reel foot yankee