Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wylie Saturday night and/or Sunday night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wylie Saturday night and/or Sunday night

Any of you guys going to do any Wylie night fishing Saturday night and / or Sunday night over Labor Day Weekend.

My saltwater fishing got weathered out and it is way past time for some Wylie slabs and maybe catfish. Have not been out there all summer so I one or both nights I am gonna give it a try.

Hope to see some folks out there. Maybe even that beast thinggy.

I already got me some lifters chilling off for the trip...lol.

Just remembered....crap I got to get both my SC and my NC liscense renewed...

Post Thanks / Like

If you're goin out Sun nite either post somethin here or send me a PM. I might have to look ya up--just to make sure you're handlin your lifters properly.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Going out friday night.Probably go in the wee hours and fish till dawn.Good luck to you guys.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

ive a wedding to photograph sat evening so thats out. sunday night is in limbo to, cause of it being labor day and the wife is off monday.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Iwent out last night on Wylie and went to a spot on Crowder's Creek on a lark.

I actually had a confused mind and was thinking I would try out some catfishing rigs I had and maybe throw out a couple of crappie rigs.

Well, I am here to tell you that I got two crappie rigs out and did not need the catfishing rigs. I caught at least a gazillion (actually 10-12) catfish in the 3-4 lb category. Actually a lot of fun on a 9-10 ft crappie pole.

Not the first crappie, but I had a ball catching the cats.

I left about 11:00 pm and the action was constant.

The only reason I left is because I do not keep the porta potty on the boat if you know what I mean.

Kept six of the cats and filleted them up this a.m.

Post Thanks / Like

when we set up at night, we have quite a few lines out. we catch a good many catfish, most being of one or two lb size. then occasionally a big channel will take a bait, and handling one on a crappie ultralite is a lot of fun. problem is they create a huge mess, expecially on the long limber rods as they take awhile to get in. once its seen to be a big fight the rest of the crew will take in lines to keep from having such a big mess, and let the catcher have his fun. catfish arent as bad as a bass tho. once hooked they run so fast its usually a mess before you realize it. one night we had a bass come straight up, and jump over about six rods. the night pete hooked that gar and he got into every line on that side of the boat,, id say ten or so. he had so many lines that at the boat the hook broke off and he went down, and was still landed cause one of the other lines was wrapped around his long snout. catching the catfish has provided us with a lot of entertainment while crappie fishing. we seldom keep em,, unless someone on the boats wants a mess. i agree dontcatchmany, catching the catfish is a ball....

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to not use a lot of rods when fishing by my self. I just ain't got the gumption to put up with the aggravation. I do not want to make it a job. A job is what I do during the week...lol

My intention was to put out two crappie rods with those lighted bobbers. And then throw out a couple of rigs with that gunky stuff for catfish.

However, I did not ever get to put out the catfish rigs. The catfish were hitting the small shiners and minnows that I had.

Lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

we have a good many rods out cause thers usually three or four of us fishing. i just use four myself,, and thats about what the others with me use... because theres three or four of us,, theres usually a good many rods,, but not a lot of rods per man.. i dont like using more than four rods cause of the aggravation, and most times its just three, with one held in reserve as a spare for when i break off a line. with four of us fishing off one side of the boat,, thats up to 16 rods,, a lot for one or two men, but not for four.