Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake The Grand Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake The Grand Today

Well We Didn't Do As We Did Wendsday But I Think It Was 10 That We Gave To Anothe Cdc Member, Like The Spider Rig But Hate The 10'er. I Had That Thing Everywhere But Up My Brother In Laws U Know What, To Darn Hard To Land Fish And Tie Jigs On, Will Stick With 6 & 7' Rods Give Fish Away And Loaded And Went To Sparrowfoot And Man Was It Ever Murky.... Did Manage To Find Some 55 Degree Water Did Get To Meet 3 Or 4 Cdc Members This Am And Talked To Bob On The Phone....well Everyone Tear'em Up. Think Grand Was A Little S

Low, But We Quit Shortly After 11 Am....... Go Luck Everyone...
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

better to have gone and done ok than to not have gone at all or something like that.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go give them a try. There has been a lot of days I would have loved to of had 10 before noon. How was the water color today around Bucksaw? I hope to get out a few days this week. I have a guy coming down from up north to fish on Sat. So hope to find some fish for him. May have to go to the slack water to find clean water as we have more rain coming this week.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Bucksaw for awhile today ran down just a little ways and not much luck only caught 4 with the biggest 11" but the water looked ok just been pulling so much out think it has them all messed up right now. Seen some spider rigging and they caught what looked like a quite a few but not sure if they had any size too them

Post Thanks / Like

I somehow managed a decent limit today. Started my morning in Jackson and musta dipped a hundred trees and notta bite. Wasted 2 hours in there. Decided....NO MORE TREE DIPPIN!!! Then motored to Cedar Creek and managed 5 keepers in there. Then motored to McGinnis 1 and boated 2 more keepers. Then motored to McGinnis 2 and boated 2 more keepers. Went back to Cedar Creek and finished off my limit.:D Was a long day but a good day. Got to see and talk to several folk from here. Monty (OSS),
    Jim (drfish), Gary (Mr JJ), and Kerry (whisperererer).

The largest fish is 2.0 lbs on the button.
    Next largest is 1 lb 11 ozs.
    Rest are just average.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Bob. Couple of real thumpers there. Were you hanging a rod out each side? Or using our patent pending "break off-retie-catch fish" method we used last spring. Had to give you heck about that it was a year ago next week we fished that tournament. Glad you found some and always nice to get a couple big kickers.

Post Thanks / Like

nice job BOB wish I could have been there..

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had a good day. We almost changed our minds and came up there since I knew so many CDC members were going to be around up there. Glad you guys had a good one. It was a beautiful day out for sure.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Limit

All We Found Over At Sparrowfoot Was A Lot Of Mud, Should Have Stayed Below Bucksaw, But We Didn't Want Any Anyway..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Way to go Bob. Couple of real thumpers there. Were you hanging a rod out each side? Or using our patent pending "break off-retie-catch fish" method we used last spring. Had to give you heck about that it was a year ago next week we fished that tournament. Glad you found some and always nice to get a couple big kickers.
    Long pole off both sides of the boat. Seemed the boat had to be in 24 to 26 feet of water. Was fishing 8 - 9 ft deep. Started the day off fishing a Yum Wooly Beavertail and a BG SlabSlayer on one pole and two SlabBusters on the other. When I caught the 6th fish on SlabBusters to only 1 on the other, I got smart and changed to all SlabBusters......black/chart of course. Did break off a few times and the wind picked up and made it tough. The WAFB Spring tourney is Sat, May 2 out of Bucksaw. You gonna be able to make it? I hate breaking in new partners.

BTW.......found 55 degree water in McGinnis2.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 04-11-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: I'm old....I forgot something.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast