Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Morel Mushroom recipes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morel Mushroom recipes

What is your favorite recipe for morel mushroom's. Mine is dipping them in a mixture of egg and milk, rolling them in flour or cracker crumbs and deep fat frying them. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I soak mine over nite in water (well the ole lady does lol),then cut them in half (long ways) dippem in egg & rollem in cornmeal & flour mixed & eat them until I bout get sick.Specially the white ones ( they are rich in flavor ) the black & brown ones isnt as rich to me.

Reminds me I need to go get some.Ours is just now startin to come up good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I used to soak mine also until I read a article about how to keep them fresh longer, and it said to place them in a brown paper sack in the fridge, uncut unwashed, until you were ready to eat them. Then take them out, cut in half, wash and fry em' up! It really makes a difference, they have a stronger flavor. I've kept some for over a week, and they were as good as the day they were picked. ( they were hid behind the beer box is the only reason they lasted that long) Recipe: egg &milk, roll in 1/4 flour, 3/4 cornmeal
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Gottabefishin"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tasty recipe

Here is my recipe for morels: 1 cup flour and add a tablespoon of Cavender's Greek Seasoning. Blend well. Rinse the morels to remove the little bugs then roll in the seasoned flour and sautee in butter until brown.