Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a Smithville Guide or Ride

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Smithville Guide or Ride

Hello all.

I am looking for a guide or a ride @ Smithville Lake. The Army has me working here for a month or so and I didn't want to miss too much fishing so I brought a travel rig and a lil box of old standbys. I am hoping to find someone who can give me some pointers about where to fish on Smithville. I figure a little local knowledge would be a lot better than me wandering around 60 miles of bank.

If there is anyone who is headed out that way and happens to have room on the back of the boat I would be willing to pay you for your gas and time in trade for showing me around the lake.

I am headed out there this afternoon to talk to the bait shop. Unless the bait shop has a better suggestion I am probably going to head up on the West side of the W bridge and work my way north.

Thanks.

GM

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Truman lake. We have several guys on here who fish that lake. I am sure some of them will chime in and help you out while you are here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guide or Ride

Thank you for the welcome.

I sure could use some help. I went out today for about 3 hours or so and didn't get a single bite. I stopped at the bait shop and listened to their recommendations to try around the W Bridge, Sailboat Cove, and Camp Branch. I did not see a single person with fish so maybe today was jsut not the day.

I was trying tubes, grubs, and even a little rooster tail (to cover some ground) in chartreuse and brown/black colors.

But those three hours with no fish were a heck of a lot better than sitting in my hotel room or working! It was a beautiful day.

GM

Post Thanks / Like

in the hills... pm sent

Post Thanks / Like

i don't fish there much, but i would suggest using minnows as live bait under a slip bobber. you will catch fish in those places eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad,Two fished from 10:30 to 4:30 and never caught one fish. About as bad as I have ever experenced.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Fault?

dmac.

I hope this isn't my fault. LOL

I am thinking maybe some of the little ponds might be a little warmer so I might try to find one and give it a whirl. The only problem is they seem to be private for the most part. If I have to I will start knocking on doors and begging.

Baring that I am guessing that I have to wait for the weather man to change his tune.

But no matter a day at the lake is still 100x better than this Residence Inn Jail Cell.

GM

Post Thanks / Like

I would try the spillway, Have not tried it myself yet this year, I would think walleye or catfish would be hitting.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally this time of year showing you some good spots would not be a problem but with the weather and water temp being what they are, I am afraid I can't be much help. I am normally on the water 4-5 days a week this time of year but that just isn't the case this year as of yet. Hopefully the water will warm up soon and we can start catching some fish!
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default One more?

I want to thank everyone who has given me a suggestion. I think I am going to get out just after the rain tomorrow and try the Swim Beach Point on the south end of the Little Platte Marina.

Anyone have any other suggestions or places to try @ Smithville this week.

I am not sure that I will still be in town for Camp down at Truman but I am going to make a reservation just in case I am here so that I can met some of you guys, and learn a whole bunch in the process!

GM