Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Farm Ponds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Farm Ponds

With all of the weather fronts coming in and out all the time, have decided to fish private farm ponds that have slabs in them. Really having a lot of fun right now. Have cleaned about 75 nice slabs in my last 4 trips out. Decided to fish in that wind and rain yesterday and ended up with 15 nice crappie. Most were males but had a few females in the 13-14 inch range. Have some pics and have signed up with photobucket but can someone advise how to get them from photobucket to this website? Would like to share my catch with all of ya. By the way, caught all of them 3-4 feet down on the break between the shallows and deeper water on red/white or blue/white crappie thunder jig with nibbles.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time. Welcome from Truman lake.

Post Thanks / Like

man sounds like fun to me. on the picture posting thing go to the main board there is info there, or when you open your photo bucket site,under the picture is those boxes put the cursour on the jpg right click copy then open cdc and in your post put the cursour in the box and right click then hit paste, when you first open the c d c page and you post new thread and the window opens. hit enter a couple time that will give you a space for the picture. sound confusing but it isnt really. I probably didnt explain it verry well. and there are others who can do it better than I . but there all fishing and I am sitting at home waiting on the cable guy to show up. later and good luck 417-498-6155 if you need instruction live call after 3 pm cable guy should be gone by then

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for a cable guy? That does not sound right coming from you Mike. It is a wonderful day out side. I have a family dinner today and tommorow. Doing the family thing while my boy is back for Easter from England. Then I will be getting back after them hard and heavy. Hope all the guys who are out today get into them.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a blast! The ponds I fish in all have little crappie but they are still fun to catch

Post Thanks / Like

I know Jarred, but ya gotta do what you hafta do, would rather have been fishing. I like the pond fishing also, like camocatcher my crappie are small for the most part, some big.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help on the pic posting beagle man! I will look at it and try to get things going with that tomorrow. I did get out and fish today and ended up with 28 nice slabs out of a private lake again. a few females but mostly males coming in getting ready. My hot bait today was a 1/32 oz mini-mite jig with crappie nibbles. I have not seen mini-mites around here and bps does not carry them. If you go to Welcome to the Panfishpro web site you can see and buy them there. pink/white, pink/purple, and pink/pink all worked well. I am from Wisconsin originally and still have family there and we use them a lot up there for slabs and bluegills. Best pattern was 3-4 feet under a slip bobber and then bring back as a slow retrieve. Most hit on the retrieve. Happy Easter everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job fishing, and welcome to the board.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch,,some of those ponds are a great place to fish for sure,,,,,
    beagle was the cable guy's name larry?????
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! that pond fishing can be alot of fun. The Biggest Crappie I've ever caught came out of a pond. looking forward to the pics.