Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some help with this!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help with this!!!

I fish sometimes under bridges where the water is pretty deep & it,s hard to tie off, a couple nights ago while fishing i noticed some guys had long metal poles clamped to the beams under the bridge looked like it had a rope going thru the center of the pipe. Have any you ever seen or heard of these & if so where could i buy a couple.

Post Thanks / Like

i-catch-cartags,
    Guys down here use heavy metal electrical conduit formed with a large bend (Sheppards Hook) on one end to reach around the pilings of the oil & gas production platforms. Drill a hole in the opposite end and put on a clevis and tie your rope to it. Let out any length you want and tie off to the boat.
    You can form these to ahere to the shape of your bridge beams or pilings.
    And they are economical.
    1perchjerker

Post Thanks / Like

You could just buy a cheap anchor (an 80 pound dumbell works well) with a long line attatched to it, wrapped around the handle... then just tie off the extra line.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

I welded a pole to a C clamp then I drilled a hole through the other end of the pole and put a garage door spring on it, that seems to take some of the shock and stress off the C clamp. I made mine a little too long for the 79 bridge the tail end can catch on the boat if I am not careful.
    I also took 3/8" rebar and bent 1 end into a closed loop and made a shepards crook out of the other end, finished the rebar is 24-28" long I guess, it makes it much easier to reach that high rope loop at some of the bridges, or I can just hook to a support etc.
    Good Luck