Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Local Pond 4/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local Pond 4/10

I woke up from a nap around 2:00pm and saw the rain and wind had stoped, so I dicided to give a local pond (10 acres) a try. Fished on the bank there for about 2 hours with a 1/64oz maribu hair jig that I tied, under a weighted cork. I either caught a fish, missed him or got broke off on almost every cast. After a 1 1/2lb crappie and a shellcracker at least that big both broke me off, I switched from 2lb to 4lb line. I had to add a large split shot up at the cork after that to cast out far enough but man were those fish turned on. Ended up catching a 5 gallon 3/4 full of crappie, brim, shellcrackers and released several bass up to 4lbs. What a ton of fun! Chief, if you read this post, this is the golf course lake we'll be fishing next week. Hope they're biting like that then.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW i know that was fun some of my earliest memories was fishing local golf course ponds with dad and brother about 50 yrs ago cost a $1 get to fish and hunt golfballs to those were the days
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good report seasons....painter I picked and sold my share of golf balls also...growing up on Kearns Street in High Point, beside Blair Park.

Post Thanks / Like

Blair Park.... Used to play there many moons ago when at HPC.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats STRONG!
    FINS&FUR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sea-sons View Post
    I woke up from a nap around 2:00pm and saw the rain and wind had stoped, so I dicided to give a local pond (10 acres) a try. Fished on the bank there for about 2 hours with a 1/64oz maribu hair jig that I tied, under a weighted cork. I either caught a fish, missed him or got broke off on almost every cast. After a 1 1/2lb crappie and a shellcracker at least that big both broke me off, I switched from 2lb to 4lb line. I had to add a large split shot up at the cork after that to cast out far enough but man were those fish turned on. Ended up catching a 5 gallon 3/4 full of crappie, brim, shellcrackers and released several bass up to 4lbs. What a ton of fun! Chief, if you read this post, this is the golf course lake we'll be fishing next week. Hope they're biting like that then.
    Right now, I am good any day except Wednesday. Let me know the time and I know the place.
    Bill