Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: War eagle 860

Post Thanks / Like

Default War eagle 860

I have been looking at the 860 with a 25 " transom for crappie fishing and light saltwater fishing in back waters of the North Carolina coast.I had been looking at the g3's but the front decks are so much higher than the war eagles that I don't think I can take them high steps all day long.So for the extra money is the war eagles built that much better. Also with the 12 degree dead rise in the war eagle will I notice a much better ride than the g3 with a 6 degree dead rise? Thanks Camohull

Post Thanks / Like

wont go wrong with a war eagle. built like a tank.

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

More v = better ride. Nice boats. Good idea staying with the lower deck IMHO.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I have the G3 tunnel is the weight. I fish flats and sometimes end up with water that will be 2 feet or less for a mile or more. To get out of the neighborhood marina in march I have to cross some 1 foot humps. It will take off and plane out in 1.5 feet of water no problem. I know I could have gotten a jet unit but they are not efficient. There is always a trade off. If you are wanting ride you need a v with wieght up front.

The war eagle is a much heavier built boat but the weight was the problem I had. Whatever you do get a front gas tank if possible. If the G3 had one it would have a much better ride and would set deeper in the water while spider rigging. It really makes a difference on windy days. I would love to have the war eagle or even more a sea ark but it is a weight issue.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone think of any disadvantages the 25" transome could cause me. thanks camohull

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 1860 war eagle and love it. yes it is heavy but man it takes rough water very well. you won't have any problem with the 25" transome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camohull View Post
    Can anyone think of any disadvantages the 25" transom could cause me. thanks camohull
    Some outboards are limited to which are available in a 25" length.

Advantage is that there will be no problem with water over the transom while in reverse if you plan on using one of the heavier outboards.

Post Thanks / Like

With the 12 degree dead rise this boat will still be very stable want it. Thanks camohull

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine, it is very stable in rough water, i run a 50 hp on mine and it handles every situation i have ran into the only regret i have is there is very little storage. (i have a 754)

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered the 754VS? Its also a 12 degree hull, but a tad shorter, and best of all, its a stick steer model:D

I'm just partial to stick steering. I don't much care for anything but center console or stick steer. There is something just not right about driving a boat from the back seat.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged