Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing

Has any of you tried fishing at night with a floating light? Any pointers?
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

Post Thanks / Like

Hey skleppe....I'm kinda new to this kinda stuff....but I had decent luck last friday night. I've been following some of the night fishing posts...for the most part you should look for cover...brushpiles, rock piles, ect. I used 2 submersible lights. There's alot of experts here than can advise you much better than I can. Good luck!
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Post Thanks / Like

BTW...where are ya from?
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Post Thanks / Like

Iowa
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

Post Thanks / Like

Hey boys. the light is the way at night. there is a good article on the home page, to ARTICLES, THAN TO NIGHTSTALKING BY RANGO. I live by the lower Great Lakes and 13 ft seems to be the depth.we took LOTS of specks last year, at night.its the best.
    Last edited by mudwitch; 08-08-2005 at 11:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Stalking on Lake George

I just went night fishing last night with a light. Visit my Fishing Blog for the report

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have much luck with the floating light. It didn't draw as many bait fish as the submergable lights and it draws more amps from the battery. I took it home, put it in a box, and stored it on the shelf. It may work better on a different body of water or under different conditions, but I will stick with the submergable for now.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Qbeam lights in the write up "NIGHTSTALKING BY RANGO". I think some may give up too fast and you are not going to kill them every time out. However I have been night fishing for a lot of years (most bass), and this year I have done pretty good most of the time even the nights I quit early (like midnight). Sometimes I quit because of wind or storms, but even with no trouble I have not stayed out past 2 AM.

When I was young we stayed out all night and the next day, most of the time we did most of our catching at night in the summer.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default nightfishing

try what i do....pull up to a bridge or a stick up with cover under it or something to hang this on. about 1 hour before sunset fill up a coleman lantern and hang it as close to the water as you can get it...go back to shore or away from the lantern till dark ....ease back up to it at dark and i fish with minnows and slip corks exclusivley.......that is about the only time i ever fish with minnows....otherwise it is jigs....this works for me no matter the weather...

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

The article by ringo is excellant. This thread should be petering out so here goes.In early Sept. I fish almost identically to RINGO.Have for years. I float a car headlight and it is in the water a inch. It is in styrofoam. I push it 10 ft out from pontoon, hooked to a long pole.I set 4 anks to stablize the craft.In most stream fed lakes there are brin shrimp in the water.They are one tenth the size of a flea.they will be drawn to the light by the millions[ this is not uncommon]Next the minnows arrive.Next the crappie come.I have said way too much.oh yea FIRST DOWN COLTS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast