PDA

View Full Version : pro angler rods

Little Bear Crappie
04-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I,m kind of new to using long jig poles for crappie. I was wondering if any of yall have used the pro angler rods. they look good on their web site.just looking for some actual experiences with them.
thanks SBR

sea-sons
04-11-2009, 03:53 AM
I bought 5 8'ers for $93. They were closeout last years models. I like them for most applications. They're a little beefier than most of my crappie rods. I use them for fishing minnows in brush, long range casting jigs under a cork and some saltwater fishing. I think they are a litttle too strong for trolling and casting jigs.

splitshot
04-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Have seven 9 footers.
Love the rods, just wish they made them in 12'.:)

Breas
04-11-2009, 06:49 AM
I use the 8' model for brush and fishing standing timber. It's top notch quality and I have no complaints. Pro Angler is very popular in Texas.

wvspec
04-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Go with B& M's

dmann436
04-11-2009, 09:59 AM
been using them a couple years now, have several each 8, 9 & 10 footers. they are a little "beefier" than many crappie rods but are not heavy. go to Ed's website and take a look. In my book they are a very good rod, I'm very satisfied with them. Ed's a fine fella and he'll make sure you're satisfied. some folks fish "easy" and never break a B&M, I'm 62, retired and fish alot and not a maniac but me and B&M never got along, I like pro angler for long lining with heavy lead too. I've never broke a wally marshall 'mighty lite' or one of Ed's 'pro angler rods'. yeah I know, anything can be broke! I better knock on wood runnin' my mouth like that!

Crappie Rods, Crappie Jigs, Catfish Rods, Baitcast Reel, Fishing Rods, Fishing Reels, Spinning Reels (http://www.proanglertackle.com/)

laserdoc
04-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I use them!!

CastandBlast
04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
You should check out BnM's 12' crappie wizard rod. I used mine jigging the skinny water in the buck brush for the first time last Wed. and love it. I even landed a 4lb. buffalo with no Problem. Good luck on your choice.

Big George
04-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Home Page (http://www.gtcrappiezone.com) is my line of poles