Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fish Council Bluff lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Council Bluff lake

I just looked at the MDC fishing reports and saw this lake. This year i was going to try and fish more lakes that i have not been too. This is the first time i have heard of this lake. I did a search on the MDC site and did not find much, then on Ask.com. All i found was some general info sounds kinda like Duck Creek but deeper. I did read that the redear fishing is the best in SEMO may give that a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I went there when they opened to the public and we caught some monster Redear.

I am going back this May and bringing the Kayaks. I hope the fishing is as good as it was 20+ years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished Council Bluff many times, but not lately. I always went for the redear. They do grow big there. Caught several over 10 inches. The lake is beautiful. It has clear water and ubundant weeds and standing timber. No better place to kick back and drown minnows in the timber. I remember catching nice size crappie, not many of them. I would guess this lake is a lot like Devils Kitchen or Little Grassy in S. IL.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I use to fish it also, but there were so many people and the fishing went down, but a beautiful lake, deep lake

Post Thanks / Like

I went there when if first opened up to the public. It looked like a very good lake for crappie, standing timber, blowdowns, etc. But never caught anything close to expectations. Did have some luck with bass early and evenings. Fished it quite often that first year, never went back.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

I went a couple days ago and caught about 30 big bluegill. Very nice lake.

Post Thanks / Like

We went yesterday for the first time. Fished from 1-8 p.m. Caught three crappie (small) and a just a few bluegill and redear but they were huge. Water was very stained and appeared to be high.

Post Thanks / Like

Been several times. Never done well on crappie there, but other panfish and a few nice bass and cats. Small HP limit.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

That's the biggest 'gill I've ever seen. Fills up the whole screen.