Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Crappie lake in Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Crappie lake in Ohio

New to the site, I've been looking around for a couple of days, and really I like this place! Love to get after the crappie all year around, but have yet to get into the NICE ones! I've caught many 10-12 inchers but its very rare for me to get ahold of the 13-15 inchers! Looking to maybe change that this year! I was wondering what you guys think the best lake in Ohio is for NICE crappie! I'm from the Springfield area, but willing to travel to get on some slabs! Have boat, will travel!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

you should try Indian Lake for big slabs (in ohio) Lake Monroe in IN. <*)}}}><
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Eastfork for numbers,Indian, Buckeye and the Ohio river creeks for slabs.Monro In. for trophies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fella's! I'm actually heading up to Indian Lake tomorrow after some saugeye, but i'll deffinitly keep an eye out for " crappie like structure"! Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

i checked monroe on computer and it didnt mention crappie at all. i mean no mention of the species at all. the site talked about other species but nothn on crappie. id like to give it a shot over there. anyone know how far it is?

Post Thanks / Like

hey chopper,go to crappie usa website and look up 2004 solomon and walters weighed 18.96 in one day .Laake and Rohl weighed 15 pounds and caught 40 over a pound.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks tbone ill check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Best lake in the whole state? Shheesh, I haven't fished all of them? I know in central Ohio that Alum is great for numbers. Delaware has some big slabs and for under-rated quality resevoir with some big slabs you might try O'Shaunessy. Indian Lake in western end of Ohio might be one of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

On the eastern side, I would suggest West branch or Mosquito up north. The Portage lakes are a gret pick. Southern O I would go with Leesville or Peidmont. Dillion is a great crappie secret. But over all, West Branch is the home of the biggest slab I know.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttmline View Post
    On the eastern side, West Branch is the home of the biggest slab I know.
    Hello Tim... I keep hearing about this West Branch maybe one day we can hook-up and try catch a G.O.rilla...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast