Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Bass Chasers

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Bass Chasers

For you white bass fans. I ran into some jumbo whites yesterday on the Maris de Cygne River above Melvern. I was looking for papermouths but could not locate them so I let the wipe a$$ yank my chain for awhile. Head to the river ramp west of Arvonia. Head up river until you get to the island where the new channel has been cut. Fish the west side of the island and just up a bit into the old "dead end" channel. Once you get to the island, trim the outboard and pull er way back, logs and laydown galore everywhere around the island. I was using a curly tail jig set about 2 feet under a slip bobber. For some reason they seemed to prefer deep purple and next was brown/orange. Some big fat jumbos up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool tip, thanks for posting.

Did you keep any?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! You guys are getting me excited for the white bass run. The reports i've "heard" from the wakarusa are still too cold and too early. What were the water temps on the Marias des Cygne? George, how was the water level and clarity on the dragoon?

Post Thanks / Like

I was on both the Goon and Cygne yesterday (I have some serious problems). The Goon in the am was 48-50 and the water clarity was absolutely beautiful. Not a soul on the Goon while I was there. The Cygne in the pm was 50-53ish, water just as gerogeous too. There were 3 boats at Cygne when I put in but they must have all been down river because I did not run into them. I

Post Thanks / Like

esox, did you have any luck at la cygne? We could not buy a fish. Left and went to Hillsdale.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the Maris de Cygne river above Mervern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by esoxesox View Post
    the water clarity was absolutely beautiful.
    Up stream from the bridge about a quarter mile the water was amazingly clear -- not at all what I was expecting. It continued to improve further up stream. I had the best luck around the first horseshoe near that giant sycamore (right on the left bank as you are heading up stream).

Bass were hanging out below floating debris piles when the sun was high but around dusk they began hitting the surface along the banks. They seemed to prefer static worms suspended between two - four feet down. Jig hits were very spotty and almost a waste of time -- but my reels were giving me a hard time so my casts were landing too close to the boat within the fishes' fear zone :rolleyes:

Only saw one group of fishermen in a red bass boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of people don't care for white bass but the white bass amandine i cooked tonight was out of this world and probably about one million calories or more per serving. I was forced to sip a medicinal beer afterward to help thin out the ole blood.

Post Thanks / Like

At 1st, I thot it was a 'scratch & sniff' pic. I guess I shoulda washed my hands better:D:D:D:D Gota have more details of how that was cooked. Ya, know,,, I'ma Hybird Chatt at Clinton. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, that looks really good. That made my weight watchers breakfast bar disappear
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast