Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Yesterday

Fished out of the CC Hwy. launch yesterday. Slim pickins. Weren't many boats out and no one we saw was winching in any fish.
    Water temp 52° to 54°, stained. Light breeze. Bluebird sky. 44° when we put in, 63° when we took out.
    We caught 3 small bass throwing for crappie and whites. No crappie, no whites. Ranged all the way up to the back of Birch Branch. Everyone we talked to said the same, slim pickins.
    But. When the weather settles down for a few days with steady sun............
    be ready.
    Last edited by peculiarmike; 04-09-2009 at 09:03 AM.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Mike. Kind of the same thing we have been seeing. We are going Saturday but don't know that we will go to Stockton until something changes. Now we just have to decide where to go.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a perfect day, except for the catching. Like Chris said, thanks for the report. Still gonna be about 2 weeks, the way it sounds. Good fishin to ya.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the stockton report.