Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radio in boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default radio in boat

who listens to radio while thety fish, im looking for something similar to the old jam boxes but have the sat radio thing going, dont want a system i have hard wire into boat, i have way too much stuff pulling from my cranking battery as it is...any ideas, i have a ipod but i want to be able to listen to ballgames etc and the sports channel etc ... thanks for any help, may have to build me a portable system...

Post Thanks / Like

I just carry a small battery radio in the boat. I got mine at Wally World. Radio Shack has some too that would work fine. If it dies I'm not out much.
    I use it for the same thing ball games, some music, some talk. I wish I had one with a remote to turn it off and on.

Post Thanks / Like

hey there jhef i just got me an mp3 player from walmart cost me 28 dollors i believe and you can put songs on it or it alos is a radio reciever and seems to pick up well .
    it is a rca.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I would just get a $15 am/fm radio from the dollar store that uses batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i got a ipod and really hate wearing head phones lol, im wanting a sat radio system mainly for football games, ive carried my little fm jambox out but down on weiss i havent been able to pick up the stations that good and static drives me nuts when im trying to listen to a game..

Post Thanks / Like

You could always get a small battery like a motorcycle battery? Use it for your radio.

Or you could get a top line battery like the Optima which I just ordered one since my regular crank battery gave out. I fully expect that this battery will not only last 2-3 times longer in years I expect it to last longer on a charge. Darn high cost battery though.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

skip i thought the same thing on the optimas worst battery i ever bought, i bwent and bought 6 for 2 different boats ive had to swap out 4 of them for new ones each time at advanced they would check them and the batteries were all bad, they would charge down , then when id get home they wouldnt completely charge, it would get up to 80 to 85 percent, check it 20 minutes later be down to 20 percent, dont know what the deal with them are. so far so good for the last 3 weeks on them , i just added the stealth system today to my boat so hopefully that want let them get that low anymore..

Post Thanks / Like

PYLE MARINE WEATHERBAND STEREO RADIO USB/SD MP3 PLAYER - eBay (item 120400454213 end time Apr-11-09 10:59:40 PDT)

Not a bad deal. With the MP3 player, no need for a CD player. Also like the Weather Band. All a guy would need is a WalMart antenna.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

only time i bring a radio (other than my marine radio for safety) is if theres some sort of playoff game that i dont want to miss. or its late in the chase.

i find it annoying when somebody is out running a boat around blaring music, especially tow-boats.
    God bless America

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a midland portable. Has AM and FM, plus weather channels with alarm. Runs on AA batteries and has a hand crank to charge internal battery if needed. It comes with adapters to charge cell phones. Its size is about 10" by 6" by 2" thick. Works great, 40 bucks at walleyworld. Plays swamp pop music and zydeco real good.

"gene"

Emergency Radios from Midland2Way.com
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast