Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From a parent of Columbine shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Default From a parent of Columbine shooting

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women.. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out f or answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun.. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
    Your words are empty air.
    You've stripped away our heritage,
    You've outlawed simple prayer.
    Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
    And precious children die.
    You seek for answers everywhere,
    And ask the question "Why?"
    You regulate restrictive laws,
    Through legislative creed.
    And yet you fail to understand,
    That God is what we need!

" Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational
    systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge..... Dare to examine your
    own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read this before. EXCELLENT post. Thank You.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle View Post
    Man I don't know what to say to that ?? I lean to the first statement! It's not the guns fault it's the person with the gun!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never understand why people won't take 2 minutes to fact-check forwarded emails before posting them as fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgamecock View Post
    I'll never understand why people won't take 2 minutes to fact-check forwarded emails before posting them as fact.
    Fact check or not if you don't agree with what was said, then I fell sorry for you!!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    Fact check or not if you don't agree with what was said, then I fell sorry for you!!
    Why does pointing out the ease with which someone can fact check something equate to disagreeing with anything said in the post? Posting false information to get some point across only weakens that posters credibility. There is plenty of evidence out there to make whatever point you want to make without resorting to posting forwarded emails that aren't even true.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked it Beaver. Who gives a crap about snoopes if something makes good sense? Faullt finders and finger pointers I guess.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default So True!!

I can not recall any post on the site that carries more meaning and speaks the truth about our society. Thanks for sharing!!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that ...the father of that child is correct... In my Oppinion (whew misspelled) the reason these things are happening is the fact that this country has gotten away from God. Think back 50 years.. you didnt hear of this ... they could still pray in school... and most did.. when you take prayer out of our schools and country you are litterly taking GOD out of the equasion... Im sorry if this post upsets someone... but i WILL NOT appoligise for standing up for what i feel is right. I love the LORD with all my heart and my heart is breaking with the direction this country is heading...
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast