Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North end of Smithville?

Post Thanks / Like

Default North end of Smithville?

Have made the economic choice to sell the 19' boat.(the oldest turning 15 and sudden interest in cars mostly) Now fishing from a jon boat. I was wondering if crappie and walleyes are running around in the upper end of the lake? Say between 220th and 240th. I will try to find them if someone would tell me if they are there. Much of my fishing time is Sunday afternoons, I don't want to run the main lake in the flatbottom

Thanks,
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Pat I have only HEARD that those flats up there are just like the flats on the main lake for EYES. Just sayin. Crappies you know where to go!!!!!!!!:D
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

I've never dared go that far up on the lake. I fish as far up as Trimble. There are so many trees that I don't want to chance it. But, I've seen tournament bass boats navigating through the trees at full throttle and a 30 foot rooster tail. I like the fishing up there because there are less boats and it’s quite. But I've got to say that I've caught as many fish up north as I have on the main lake. I'd be interested to see what others have to say.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

There are no crappie on the upper end of Smithville. No bass or cats either. None. Don't go there. You will be disappointed. The mountain men from "Deliverance" prowl the banks. I go there only to warn others away. Who would want to fish an area so filled with "Navigation Hazards" that signs in the parking lot warn of the danger? That's why 80% of the Smithville boaters never venture north of Hwy W. What fish would live in an area filled with timber, narrow creek channels and submerged roads? Not me. I'll stay with the wakeboards, skiiers and party boats. Better yet, there's excellent Asian carp fishing below the dam.

Stay away from the north end of the lake. You'll be happy. I'll stay that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang SS....breaking out the sarcasm early this morning! What are you doin' online at 2:30a? Can't sleep?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup...decided to check CDC before going back to bed...couldn't resist a little humor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie View Post
    Don't go there. You will be disappointed. The mountain men from "Deliverance" prowl the banks.
    Hey,leave me out of this!.....besides,I'm 1400 miles away:D

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'll just head off to Watkins Mill then. Thanks anyway guys. If your ever at Watkins Mill and see an old flatbottom duck boat converted to fish from say hi.
    Last edited by patm; 04-09-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pat dont forget about the Arnold road put in off of J hwy. Mighty shallow know but you should be able able to launch there. Thats the reason I ended up puttin the slicks on my bunks so I could put my barge in up there. You might take a pair of hip boots with ya, might make it a lil easier to get on and off the trailer.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie View Post
    There are no crappie on the upper end of Smithville. No bass or cats either. None. Don't go there. You will be disappointed. The mountain men from "Deliverance" prowl the banks. I go there only to warn others away. Who would want to fish an area so filled with "Navigation Hazards" that signs in the parking lot warn of the danger? That's why 80% of the Smithville boaters never venture north of Hwy W. What fish would live in an area filled with timber, narrow creek channels and submerged roads? Not me. I'll stay with the wakeboards, skiiers and party boats. Better yet, there's excellent Asian carp fishing below the dam.

Stay away from the north end of the lake. You'll be happy. I'll stay that way.
    Ouch...not sure what I did to deserve that.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast