Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sardis lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up sardis lake

Fished Sardis friday with a friend caught 33 keepers and a bunch of trowbacks.
    Fished mostly Piney area jigging the standing timber with 1/16 jig and tube tipped with a nibble. Caught most fish early changing up colors of nibbles seemed to make a differance. Had minnows but didnt do much on them. Landed one 17 incher and had another that big shake off at boat. Win some, Lose some thats fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day.
    How is the winter fishing there?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

How deep was you having to fish?

I fished Arkabutla 2 weeks ago with jigs, minnows, and crappie nibbles. I fished the lake, coves and the stumps opposite the dam. I could buy a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Sounds like a fun day.
    How is the winter fishing there?
    Pete
    As I recall last winter the lake was drawed down pretty low. If you are not familiar with the lake when the water is low it can be very dangerous . I havent done much winter fishing yet but plan to this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnroadrnr
    How deep was you having to fish?

I fished Arkabutla 2 weeks ago with jigs, minnows, and crappie nibbles. I fished the lake, coves and the stumps opposite the dam. I could buy a bit.
    We caught most of our fish early. We started in about 12ft of water bumping jigs off the bottom close to timber. As the morn wore on we fished our way out into 18ft of water and started catching them about 11-12ft. Crappie didnt hit very hard all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Shiloh Red, when Sardis is at winter pool (usually Dec. 1) it is 236'. that is 24' lower than it is right now. Very little structure left in the water and no boat ramps other than Engineer's Point at the dam. Winter fishing is pretty much limited to the spillway and the lower lake. Spillway fishing can be good or bad, depending on how much water is being pulled. Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that sounds like a lake to stay away from if its down that low in the winter time.
    Think I will stick with Pickwick and Reel Foot in the winter.

Pete