Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ft Gibson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ft Gibson

Fishing is kinda sorry right now I am starting to look things over for the CRAPPIEMASTERS tourney coming up on the 27th however I am staying off of my better spots till later anyone else having an y luck over there ??

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to Gibson yet this year. Try the brush in Flat Rock creek where the docks used to be. They took them out about 2 years ago, but the brush is still there. It is straight across from the boat ramp. I might be able to fish Thursday if my Cabinets are not in yet. I could show you where it is. It is a MONSTER brush pile and holds many Crappie.
    I finally found a Honey Hole on Oologah. I sat over it yesterday from 6:30 a.m. till 7:30 p.m. and consistently caught Crappie. I had to call my wife and have her bring me another 1/2lb of minnows and another bag of ice. I used every minnow, dead or alive. The bigger fish were caught off the dead minnows. (go figure) I kept 28 fish, most under 10", but Oologah does not have the 10" Minimum. I am planning to look for another area similar to the one I have found. I can't wait to fish it with no wind so I can get deeper into the brush without hanging up to see if that is where the majority of the bigger fish are.
    Call me BG if you want to try for Gibson on Thursday. I am 95% sure that I will not have to work.
    CR
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry