Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barren 4-4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barren 4-4

Headed to Barren in hopes of finding some clear(ish) water. Did not have high hopes for finding any so i didn't pick up any minners from J and L.
    At 9:40 am water above 31-E bridge on Main Lake was chocolate brown water below was cloudy but not muddy. Water in Peter Creek to the power line crossing was stained to cloudy. Lots of debris up against the road bed crossing. Water above the power line muddy.

Fished a junebug w/ chartreuse tail slider on a chartreuse slider head and caught one keeper (10.5") off of brush against a bluff in 6 fow and one 8.5 inch fish off a stump with brush nailed to it in 15 fow. Only two fish of the day. Gave the keeper to a guy fishing from the bank.

By the time I left at 4:00 muddy water had made its way to the state park ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile fishing

hi didnt fish today went to browns ford water was almost clear walnut creek us muddy main lake murkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Barren today and yesterday too, for that matter. Didn't catch a crappie either day.

Water is clearing out {about right} from Walnut to Browns. Browns being much clearer yet.

threw all I had at them and not one. Didn't have a crppie bite.

I had my daughter here for spring break and we really tried to find them.....

They will turn on about Monday. Guarantee it! She is going back Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished today too, for a little while before the storm hit. Put in at State Park. Water was muddy on main lake, cloudy in peter creek, and clear in another little no-name creek. No crappie bites at all. Storm ran us off the lake after only aobut two hours on the water.

Temps were 54.5 all the way up to 56 right up near the bank in one place.

Post Thanks / Like

I went thursday 4/9/09 put in at walnut creek at 3pm and fished til almost dark. I had 12 crappies the biggest one measuring 13 inches most were about 10 or 11.
    I went back yesterday and fished from about 9 am til right before the storm came bout noonish. I caught 3 keepers. Both days I was catching them shallow around logs laying off the bank. Next week should be pretty good if the water and weather stabilizes.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe i am fishing 2 deep. I am on I65 right now taking my daughter home. Gonna lay on them starting tomorrow.. Hope the rain didnt slow them anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys Didnt Go Sat I Went Dry Land Fish Hunting Found 20 Nothing Real Big . Just Wondering If Anyone Went Crappie Fishing The Lake Is Two Ft Above Summer Pool .

Post Thanks / Like

I fished today for a couple of hrs from like 9 till 12. Not a bite. NONE

fished standing timber. fished bluff. fished shallows. Fished minnows and jigs. Fished under a bobber and tight lined some....

NOTHING

I don't know what to do different.

Sure is tough!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barren 4-17-09

Caught 10 nice crappie fishing brushpiles in about 14-16ft. of water. Most fish were suspended right above brush in about 13ft. of water. All fish came on minnows. I did try a roadrunner, float and fly, and a float and a minnow. Fished shallow water brush too, but the best pattern was over your deeper brush. Most all the fish had eggs in them. Temps started out around 58 degree's and warmed to 64 in the back of some of the coves, but still couldn't manage to catch any shallow. I will be going back the first part on next week hopefully it will only get better.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw where they were holding the lake. That will sure help. Hope they don't open it right back up! That and the sun later this week will hopefully turn the bite on.

We are turkey hunting and need a few days to tag on out. got my first this morning. Shouldn't take too long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast