Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: weekend @ Millwood

Post Thanks / Like

Default weekend @ Millwood

It was pretty slow, great weather on fri. it was 77 and sat. was 80 with some wind. The main lake was real muddy and choppy.
    But man those crappie are huge, the 44 ( out of three boat) we did catch were pigs 1 1/2-2 1/2#ers. Anyway we had a great time,looking foward to next year.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the lake located? Sounds like a trip I need to make. Congrats on a great outing.

Post Thanks / Like

Southwest Arkansas, about 20 miles from Texarkana, around a nine hour drive from mid-mo, oh by the way if u like to fish trees and stumps it is a must, be careful u have to run the river channels

Post Thanks / Like

Grew up fishing Truman so I like the trees and stumps.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Long way to go catch fish. Hell I can't even figure out my home lake. But there is something about traveling to try and find that magic place with huge crappie that always bite.

Post Thanks / Like

millwood is my favorite lake. lots of cypress tress. man there are some PIGS in there. a very dangerous lake. ive seen a few boats towed in because there lower unit was knocked off. fished a tourney down there a few years ago when fishing was bad tough cause of hi water and cold. still took 17 lbs on 7 fish!!

Post Thanks / Like

If u all have a chance I would book a trip, like rangerman said Millwood is my new favorite lake,I did not go last year but my buddies caught their limit (20) every day,and when you see the size of these pigs, a limit will feed an army.