Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling Motor Modification Help Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor Modification Help Please

Hi All
    Does anyone know if there is a device available to add on to a foot control trolling motor to allow hand steering? Thanks.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone sells this but there are plenty of "backyard" engineers on here that have fab themselves up something that works. Do a search on this something should pop up.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I have a hand control trolling motor up front, and I often wish for a foot-controlled one.

Sorry that I don't know how you'd do this. I did see a handicap guy who had rigged up a handle connected to his foot pedal; it basically looked like a vertical piece of pipe bolted to the foot pedal. He could operate the foot pedal with his hand that way.

Post Thanks / Like

there is a item called Big Foot that I use for my hand control motor to make it a foot ? controlled. works great and has a manual lever on it for hand controlled. Wal mart or BPS has them . It's just a switch for either or......

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think you could do that easily. I'm more familiar with MK, but the only MG I owned was the same way in that the shaft is actually two pieces. The top part of the shaft stays stationary and the bottom part is the part that swivels. Typically, that connection is just above the water line. Therefore, your connection for your attachment would have to go over the top of the motor and down past the connection to the lower shaft in order to turn the foot of the motor. By the time you fab something like that it's gonna be a monstrousity.

I'm kind of wanting a hand controlled motor now sometimes too. Been thinking about seeing how hard it would be to get a spare hand control and just switch them out when I wanted one or the other. That's probably your best bet if you want one sometimes and one another.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the mounts are different diameters also, just to make things simple. The power drive by MK would be easy to do but I don't know if you would damage the servo's by forcing them on a regular basis. Good luck.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 74lb thrust hand control i would be willing to talk trade with for your foot control!
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!