Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Big Niangua Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Big Niangua Report

Hit the water early Sat. Temp was 53-54.5 all day. Caught 4 up to 12'' in the first 30 min then the wind started. We were up river of HaHa Tonka in around 4 fow. Wind was 25 sustained gusting 35. The bite shut down then we went further up the river and threw spinners for bass. Ended up with 4 and one went 4-5 lbs. Tough day for sure but we had a blast. Lots of folks after the paddlefish and we saw some with fish and some hooked up.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time! Did you have any trouble keeping the boat in the water? Thats some pretty heavy wind!
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, i hope the bite picks up again soon I have vacation to burn.

Post Thanks / Like

It got "sporty" enough to have the lifejackets on thats for sure! I HATE wind. I can handle cold, even rain but the wind just sucks. Heading back down Thursday and if the crappie arent on I'll try for the spoons.

Post Thanks / Like

4Life, you may have went right by us. I was in a friends Triton (thus no CDC stickers). Been a little rough on that end of LOZ. We ended up with a few - but was a real slow bite and between the wind and the current - was tough fishing.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it gets better by next week......I will be fishing the glaize April 16 - 19th.
    Nothing better than getting out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Was slow for me too. I didn't talk to anyone that did much good on crappie. Wind pushed me all over the place...I have an 18' aluminum boat and I felt like a piece of cork bobbing around out there at times. Heading back down next weekend and then again the weekend of 4/25. I'm relatively new to the Nianguas (bought our place last summer), but I was able to locate a few brush piles that the graph said were holding fish....just couldn't get them to eat! Will keep after them!