Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: coming to florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Default coming to florida!

Love to fish. Coming down in the inverness area the 18th for 1o days. Looking to buy or rent a place around there. Went fishing in the gulf at xmas time and loved it. But I really want to get some of them crappie and bream From upstate NY but as soon as we settle affairs up here we plan on moving permently to that area. Have a millon ?.s and can't wait to get there. The best part is the wife will just transfer to the nearest walmart and I will fish whenever she is working. Have a 16 ft starcraft with a 60 on it plus a jonboat and a canoe but I think I will sell, give it to my sons and just but what I need down there. It will take a while to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have big plans. Theres plenty of places to fish here in Florida. I would recommend finding cool places like under weedbeds and docks that the fish may be hiding or drift in the deepest spots or channel drop offs or brushpiles. Anywhere they can cool down there may be crappie. Drifting jigs and minnows under floats is a good idea when not fishing in the weeds. Alot of locals I see fish deep in the weeds, they just cruise into the middle, stop and poke holes in the weeds and start fishing.