Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muddy Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muddy Water

I have a heck of a time when the water gets muddy, went to Truman Friday and the Grand and Osage was muddy. I need HELP because I tried shinners,blk/chart, blk/white,neon red, straight chartruse and did not even get a bite. Tried fishing under bobbers,vert. jigging and trolling. What am I doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

you sir in my opinion are suffering from the it's spring and the crappie should be biting, well cold front,east wind,cold water,rain who knows from reading the post on here it is slow every where. not just you. the water on white river friday was 49dg. it should have been 62 or more. sun gets a little higher in the sky,and the fish get ready to bite they will. so having said all that to say this in answer to your question. NOTHING

Post Thanks / Like

Slow down here, but water is getting clearer (finally). This weather has them confussssssed????
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieslab there is a lot of people that are having a hard time right now. Even some of the guides; it aint you. Mark as for the water getting clearer, not around here. I've been around the lake for the past three days and you can see it's getting worse in some areas. But I do agree with you the weather has them messed up too. Man I can't wait till this stuff settles down and the fish turn back on.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Water is clear on LOZ around the 15mm up into the Glaize arm. I caught some nice females yesterday in 10-14 fow over brush.Had been catching them in 4-6 fow but the rains and the wind moved them out alittle. We had 25 yesterday before we ran the trolling battery dead in the wind. Blk-Char tail sliders and a nibble.

Post Thanks / Like

I generally dip trees, and I've been noticing that since the water got muddy and the fronts keep blowing through, that you can see lots of fish suspended out away from the trees. Get right up on a tree, and the number of fish on the screen decreases a bunch. There's still some there, but most look to me to have backed off.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I think beagle man is correct with the front running through but I read an article about water clarity and it said crappie need to use another sense other than sight to find the bait. We used crappie nibblets and caught a few at my buddies place at LOZ today.
    You can try this attachment (if it works) to the article. Found it quit good.

Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and Adventure - CRAPPIE-ANGLER'S GUIDE TO WATER CLARITY

Post Thanks / Like

Like drfishjd said, they seem to back off the trees into the open water.
    i switch to trollin or spider riggin with roadrunners and nibbles. so i have vibration and scent. i will actually increase my speeds to get reaction strikes. jm2c

Post Thanks / Like

When the water is muddy I like to fish larger baits with added scent and even put beads on the main line to create a rattle. Anything to get the fish's attention and help her find it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Anything to get the fish's attention and help her find it.
    Just wondering What technique you use on the HIM's?:rolleyes:
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast