Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's "Old Hickory Lake????"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's "Old Hickory Lake????"

A friend of mine here in LA has signed up for a tournament in TN, and we can't find the lake in my atlas. We both looked for an hour, but I don't think it's on my map. It's sponsored by Crappie Masters, and all we know is that it's on "Old Hickory Lake." If someone knows where it is, please reply with the closest town and the compass direction from there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default old hickory

the lake is just north of nashville ---you could put your boat in the river in town and run to it--- gallatin,tn is about in the middle ---a lot of tour. are run from gallatin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    the lake is just north of nashville ---you could put your boat in the river in town and run to it--- gallatin,tn is about in the middle ---a lot of tour. are run from gallatin
    Thanks for the pm Frank, we got a bead on it now. Appreciate the pointer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

Old Hickory Lake is above Old hickory Dam Old Hickory on one side and Hendersonville on the other. Bull Creek is my guess for the turny that will be in Gallatin. BPS or Walmart will have a lake map I like the Atlantis map. There is Walmart by 109 in Gallatin. BPS is in Opry Mills by Opry Land. Can get more exact if you need. lol
    Today is a great day

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ribit
    Old Hickory Lake is above Old hickory Dam Old Hickory on one side and Hendersonville on the other. Bull Creek is my guess for the turny that will be in Gallatin. BPS or Walmart will have a lake map I like the Atlantis map. There is Walmart by 109 in Gallatin. BPS is in Opry Mills by Opry Land. Can get more exact if you need. lol
    I,m sorry about missing the lock and dam---fished there years ago ,guess we did,nt go that far south of Gallatin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Old HIckory Lake goes to Cordel Hull Dam. Below Old Hickory Dam to Cheatham Dam is Cheatham Lake. Below Old Hickory Dam rock fish, catfish and some crappie can be caught.
    Last edited by ribit; 08-06-2005 at 02:39 PM.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the additional info, ribit....it may come in handy if everyone is launching close to where they want to fish instead of all at the same landing. If you hear anything else about the tourney drop me a post??
    PS...I heard it's going to be headquartered at a big marina there, but don't know the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Weigh-in is at Sanders Ferry Park, on Sanders Ferry Park Road, registration is at Gallatin Civic Center, and the banquets are there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Sanders Ferry Park is in Hendersonville, Drakes Creek is right by it. Who is sponsering this turny? Road construction on Gallatin Road (31E) north end of Hendersonville also work on 31E and 386 (Veterans Blvd) which is north of Gallatin. Be careful traffic can be slow. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Sanders Ferry Park is in Hendersonville, Drakes Creek is right by it. Who is sponsering this turny? Road construction on Gallatin Road (31E) north end of Hendersonville also work on 31E and 386 (Veterans Blvd) which is north of Gallatin. Be careful traffic can be slow. lol
    According to the guy that's going to compete there, Crappie Masters is the sponsor. Thanks for all the help, guys.....I'm sure he can get there with the info you have provided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast