Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: "Crappie World" magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Crappie World" magazine

Several weeks ago I signed up for a free trial issue of "Crappie World" magazine. I still have not received it, but I did get a postcard in the mail requesting me to pay the subscription price. I had wanted to have a copy in hand to see if it was worthwhile before I paid the price. Are they usually slow to get the magazine out and is it a good one? I want to make sure because the wife already thinks I have enough fishing magazines coming each month. Thanks. Since I'm already here, what do you think of the "Crappie Angler" magazine out of Caruthersville, MO.?

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same goose over 2 months ago, and have never recieved the sample. I'll have to look into "Crappie Angler"...

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Same goes for over a year ago.
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

There have been several threads concerning Crappie World and their inability to actually get their magazine to their subscribers. Your best bet is to tell them to forget it and just buy it off the shelf. Sometimes it's a good read, alot of times just rehashing of old stories. The amount of complaints about them is unreal, and I am amazed they are still in business. It has got to be one of the worst run operations on the planet. They should let the government bail them out and run it for them. It would be an improvment.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Reaper is spot on with his advice. Buy it off the shelf. It will save you the aggrivation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice ...i was fixing to subscribe ...now i wont!
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Why buy Crappie World ....

... when you can read most of it, right online :

Crappie World Magazine | America's ONLY Crappie Fishing Magazine

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

yea, same here, not too good with even recieving the mags after sub was bought. So I buy off the shelf. Less hassle to me.

Post Thanks / Like

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE u still will not get the mag, after 3 phone calls and couple of emails I'am going to take my loses and move on to another mag company. because you can't get know where with them sure is a money making profit for them to collect money but not send out the mags. JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH

Post Thanks / Like

I buy off the shelf at Hastings Book Stores. The book stores normally get the first issues anyway. I had a subscription once and would always see them in Wal-Mart 2 weeks before mine came in.
    CATCH A BIG-UN