Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday at mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday at mark Twain

Anybody heading to Mark Twain this weekend? Interested in hearing about water conditions and how the crappie are shaping up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default weds.

I was down there Weds...Didn't fish..Lake was at 611 and they were letting some water out. No boats launched at Spalding ramp at 9:00 A.M. I hope to get back down to try it after easter. Post if you go..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    Anybody heading to Mark Twain this weekend? Interested in hearing about water conditions and how the crappie are shaping up.
    Just curious how you did!!! Let us know... I cant wait to get back over to MTL!!! Hope you slayed them! :D
    Doing my part to control the crappie population!

Post Thanks / Like

Conditions at MTL weren't very good. Spent most of the day in Sandy since the winds were strong and that is usually a good starting point. The water was MUDDY- probably 2 inches of visibility. Started out jigging mid depth and then deep without so much as a solid hit. I eventually saw patterns suspended about 8 feet down, so around noon I sat tied up to trees on a semi-protected point off a small cove using slip-bobber rigs and minnows set at about 8 feet down over 15 feet of water or so. I ended up catching 8 crappie, but they were all too small to keep- I would guess 8 inches was the biggest one. They were biting very light- either that or they just had a hard time fitting the minnows in their mouth they were that small.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain

What was the water temp TG? Hopefully this weather will settle down and give us some warm temps to get the water temps up alittle. Last weds when I went down A friend and I fished a farm pond on our way home and caught some gills and a couple of bass but boy they were lathargic...they didn't know if they really wanted it or not. We just need some warm weather or at least I do

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp was generally around 46 degrees or so, but I did see water at 49 degrees late morning.

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and I fished MTL on Friday, caught one fish. Much like TwainGaing we fished mid depth on out to the deeper water.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Twain makes me want to venture down to LOZ. MTL is typically very muddy in the spring, and another 30 minute drive might be worth while-even if I have to get ou of my "comfort zone". I just have to do research on ramps, maps and the best arms to target (Gravois maybe?).

Post Thanks / Like

Any help need for LOZ just Ask. Alot of us can point you in the right direction!