Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Hunter Bass Baby Two Man Fishing Boat

barredrock Guest

Default Bass Hunter Bass Baby Two Man Fishing Boat

i was gonna buy a Bass Hunter Bass Baby Two Man Fishing Boat, what do you all think of them??????

here it is

Bass Hunter Bass Baby Two Man Fishing Boat -- Rogers Sporting Goods

Post Thanks / Like

never been in one but the lake where I fish I always see a couple guys on a similar style boat every time I go out. From what they have said they really like them, not alot of storage space, but is great for getting in some nice tight shallow spots.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a one man years ago, liked it a lot. Traded it for a 12' jon cuz I liked fishin with my brother. The 2 man are nice, I've seen a lot of them in use when I lived in FL. Really like the wheels built in, solves a lot of the transportation from the truck to the water issues. Things are stable, but keep in mind what it is and don't take it to the big lake. It's worth buying a 2hp for the back, my TM battery went south once and that was no fun. Price seems reasonable too. Have fun if you get it, I did in mine.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I own one - that exact model. Bought it a couple months ago. I like it for some of the smaller waters I fish where I can not get my larger boat in. I wouldn't fish 2 people in it but that may be just me. There is no storage other than just setting stuff inside. It is light enough that I keep both my trolling motor and my trolling motor battery inside the boat as I lift it in and out of the back of my truck and roll it to and from the shore (it has wheels on one end).

It is very stable with one person in it. I have been in small jonboats that felt tippier.

I have a 40 lb. foot controlled Bulldog (Motorguide) trolling motor on it and really like this set up. It lets me sit in the middle of the boat for the best balance and weight distribution and not have to lean forward 3 feet to reach the handle of a normal tiller controlled trolling motor.
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Bass Hound 10.2 & it's great for ponds of all sizes. I haven't got it registered for the lake yet, so I'm not sure how it will do there. It definitely needs more comfortable seats though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Pelican version that is 10ft. They are great boats, very stable for the size. I wish I had the wheels on mine. I wore a hole in mine dragging it.

I had a similar 8ft version 25 years ago when I was a teenager, and had a 2hp 'rude on it. I actually had it in some pretty rough water. We had a houseboat on a river that had barge traffice, and plenty of skiers etc. It did pretty well in 2-3ft waves. Some of the long swells behind the barges were like a roller coaster. As I'm older now, I probably shouldn't have been in some of those waves.

Post Thanks / Like

i just bought a 10 ft pelican and as far as fishing they are great i have fished two peoplep in mine everytime it's been out but once abd heck with a 36 lb thrust troller and 2 batteries 500 lbs of guys and fishing gear it will travel at 3 mph not bad . and we bass fished so they was alot of whipping around with the rods just be careful you set closer than you think heck you can even stand up and fish . doesn't feel tippy at all and i tried it out i think you would have to want to roll it . but i have been wrong before .

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I had one before I upgraded. I liked it. extremely mobile and light enough to launch with one person. Stable enough for 2 people with all your gear. Nice to have for smaller inaccessable waters.

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

Have had a 2 man Bass Hunter for like 20 years and it is still going strong. Very nice boat for small protected waters and very stable. Down side, kind of cramped with 2 people and too much gear. Paid 200 bucks for mine brand new, cant believe how much they have gone up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    I own one - that exact model. Bought it a couple months ago. I like it for some of the smaller waters I fish where I can not get my larger boat in. I wouldn't fish 2 people in it but that may be just me. There is no storage other than just setting stuff inside. It is light enough that I keep both my trolling motor and my trolling motor battery inside the boat as I lift it in and out of the back of my truck and roll it to and from the shore (it has wheels on one end).

It is very stable with one person in it. I have been in small jonboats that felt tippier.

I have a 40 lb. foot controlled Bulldog (Motorguide) trolling motor on it and really like this set up. It lets me sit in the middle of the boat for the best balance and weight distribution and not have to lean forward 3 feet to reach the handle of a normal tiller controlled trolling motor.
    I realize this is an old post and thread, but I just recently posted a thread asking about the Motorguide Bulldog 40. I have the Bass Hunter EX model. My main question is in your opinion, is the 40lb thrust 5-speed too much motor for the small boats. I'm not talking about getting you from point A to B...I'm referring to when you are actually fishing....is the lowest setting too fast to work crappie jigs on long poles. I want to purchase this motor, but I am hesitant as it's a 5 speed versus a variable speed motor, which gives you more precise speed control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast