Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a night

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a night

For some of you that dont know me, I have taken up outdoor photography and love it as much as I do fishing. Last night as the strom set in on us here in North Fl I got my rig set up and sat on the porch to try and get a few shots off at some of the amazing electricity that was flowing through the air. Well it never really worked out that good and I didnt get any of the shots I really wanted so I decided to call it a night. All my roommates and a few buddy's had ventured off to the bar so it was a quiet night here at the house. I awoke this morning burning up so went downstairs to crank down the ole AC and found one of my roommates passed out on a makeshift bed in the den floor. At first I thought it was a sucessful night at club rodeo and he he was unable to find his bed room so I attempted to wake him up and try to help him to his room. It was useless he was dead to the world. About 9am he woke up and came upsatairs to my room and told me we had a problem, by this time Im thinking great who went to jail and for what! He said that in all the rain last night his room had flooded and everything was wet!!!!!! I went downstairs and it had to have been at least 2" of water in his room, everything wet and ruined; all his text books, weed collection, leaf collection, notes, practice exams, clothes soaking wet, ect.... We started hauling it all outside to let it dry and the more we moved the worse stuff we found. I tell you this kind of stuff sucks, we're just lucky it only flooded one room and part of a storage closet. The books can be replaced, as several of our classes we dont use them and if he needs them he can use one of mine or someone elses, but his weed collection is due next week and now its ruined and he has to start all over collecting 30 some odd weeds press them and look up all new data and type it out. Going to be a long day but hopefully we get it cleaned up this afternoon and can go fishing tomorrow
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.
    General George S. Patton Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Tough luck Duckkiller.
    Allatoona Bandit