Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake Tournaments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake Tournaments

Was Just Thinking Back When Tournaments Started On Truman Lake In 1981 And The Changes That Have Been Made Over The Years, We Used To Have To Bring In 30 Crappie For 2 Guys, Now It Is 10 Or 7 Which I Think Is A Great Idea, However In The Old Days We Would Have 23 To 26 Pounds For 30 Fish, Best We Ever Done Was A Tournament Out Of Bucksaw With 30 That Weighed 28 Lb. 4 Oz. And 15 In A August Tournament That Weighed Almost 19 Lb. I'm Not Sure 30 Could Be Caught In A Lot Of The Tournaments Today??? My How Times Have Changed, We Used To Have To Run From Bucksaw To Tally Bend, Now You Trailer, I Still Believe All The New Changes Are For The Better, And Better For The Crappie Population...... Hadn't Posted Anything Lately Had To Do Something, Installing That Flasher This Weekend.........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Wondered where you've been Monty?

The way my fishing has been lately it would take me weeks to get thirty fish to weigh.

Going to give the Walleye a shot this evening. We shall see.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the eyes, Chris2.

I agree with you, Monty. I think the changes have been for the better too. I just wish they would increase the minimum length to 10".

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Tennessee and most of the lakes have 10" length limits. I think it makes all the difference in the world. I am soooo spoiled in east tennessee when it comes to catching big crappie. many a time I have averaged 12" in a limit and had several over 15". I have one a little over 16". I never saw that at truman or mark twain. LOZ can pruduce big ones, but not as consistantly. I wish Loz and truman, with others, would go to the 10" limit. As for Mark Twain, who knows what to do with that lake. It is so boom or bust, ussually lots of fish, but who knows what size they will be. Maybe we need to thin the numbers down for a few years and then put a ten inch limit in place. It would make for a couple lousy years during transition, but I think it would pay off.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for going to a 10" length limit. I think people would throw a fit for a year but my oh my how great it would be after that!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the 10" length limit, a 9" crappie does not give you a verry good size piece of meat to fry up.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a 10" length limit also. But hell I am game for throwing them all back. I think it would make a huge difference in a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Jared, you have to remember that you don't eat fish, just your wife and daughter.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know but I do like to catch the big ones. I have realized that is why everybody likes to fish with me. And I thought it was because I was a nice guy. Good to hear from you Ship. You going to make camp? Been a while since I have got to shot the S)&t with you.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there. I'm really looking foward to the friendship and fishing!!! See ya there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast