Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold front coming and more rain!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold front coming and more rain!

Well I plan on being on the water all next week (Wife on vacation) and weather is taking a u-turn. Just my luck. Guessing they will hang out deep at the channel mouths. What ya'll think?
    Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing there will be fish in 5' to 10' tight to brush on the flats (shallower when it warms back up), but they may pull out to the 1st drop near the flats during the really cold days. I'm more worried about TVA dropping the lakes than the temps as it looks like they are only calling for (2) days to be way below normal temps. If they start dropping the lake the crappie will head deeper fast.....too bad I can't seem to catch them worth a darn casting when that happens and I'm not much on the long poles. Weather is pretty much normal for this time of year....doesn't stay pretty for long early April, but the fish gotta eat sometime and the cold won't be around too long. Good luck.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a flood here tonight. I figure we will have stained water to deal with also.

If fishing was easy, there would be no fish!
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I agree it's still early. The dogwoods haven't bloomed yet and water temps are still low. Guess I have cabin fever huh! I was thinking vertical jigging over brush piles too in 10 to 14 ft of water. Water definitely gonna be stained and with what I'm hearing from my window they will be pulling the lakes.
    Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if the incoming front had anything to do with it or not, but I went fishing yesterday and the fish seemed to have their mouths glued shut. All the other boats I ran into were experiencing the same thing.
    My YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xibowhunter

Post Thanks / Like

XI, I also went yesterday at Yatesville. I don't think I got the first crappie bite. I thinked the lake personel,has started holding back the water for summer pool. Looked like it starting to rise. The crappie bite was good Tuesday,though I just caught small ones. Did catched a couple or three LM. On the weather issue,has anyone ever notice that during the week leading up to Easter Sunday,usually a cool week and bad weather. No proof just my opinion.
    LittleJohn