Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wiring on battery

Post Thanks / Like

Default wiring on battery

Im not an electrical engineer, but actually a rocket scientist.So I have this question Say you are going fishing for three days and dont have a way to charge your TM battery and dont have an extra TM battery. Why couldnt you run wire to your starting battery ground to ground then on the hot side put a 12 volt relay that would only close when the engine is running that way you would get a little charge everytime you ran your engine. I dont see a problem with it unless you waited till your Tm battery was low and overloaded the engines charging system.Just a thought but I know somebody has an answer.btw just kidding about the rocket scientist bit.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if this will help, but I'll tell you how I did mine. I have 2 batts and they are identical. My outboard is smaller than yours, but yours should still be fairly easy to start. I bought 2 lug end battery leads and hooked mine in parallel. Haven't worn down yet. You could also put the jumper cables from the car to the boat and run the car engine to help at nite when you're off the water. Hope this helps. Thunder is LOUD outside right now!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Why not do it the safe way and get this

Trollbridge24 Information