Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Herrington Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Herrington Lake

I am going Saturday with my dad and we are going to put in at the ramp just down from rankin bottom. We will be using minnows but i wondered if anyone had some ideas to help us catch a mess.
    shut up and fish!

Post Thanks / Like

I have my best luck at Herrington with a 1/32 oz jig with a 1/32 oz split shot sinker up about 12" from the jig head. Best color is probably chartruse. Good luck after all the rain we had, can only imagine how much drift is in that lake now. Also look for wood along the banks and fish that, let your jig fall straight down and reel up real slow. Let me know how you did please when you get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about heading to Herrington too. I usually put in at Bryant's, but with all the rain I will probably put in at Pandora. The water at Bryant's may be muddy and might be lots of drift wood. That's only a guess, the lake my be in great shape in the Bryant's Ramp area. Maybe someone could tell us what the current conditions are. I usually have my best luck with crappie around the Gwinn Island area. Fish the backside of the island and up in Spears Creek. Find the stick-ups and fish with minnows or jigs and most of all be patient. The white bass may be running at Rankin's Bottom, but with all the rain it will be a crap shoot at best. Good Luck and post a report