Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Measures to Protect You, Your Home and Your Family

Post Thanks / Like

Default Measures to Protect You, Your Home and Your Family

Measures to Protect You, Your Home and Your Family

In the past, Missouri citizens were held liable for defense against intruders in their homes. Luckily, that has all changed. In 2007, legislators passed the Castle Doctrine which justifies the use of deadly force if someone unlawfully enters your home and you feel threatened. I am glad to report that this session, we are going even further to secure you, your family, and your property when break-and-enter cases arise.

House Bill 668, introduced by Representative Kenny Jones, expands the Castle Doctrine by including laws that protect your property – not just your home. The bill extends deadly force rights to land owners/leasers and eliminates the requirement to retreat from your property, which is beneficial for several reasons. It covers the base on something as simple as standing at your mailbox and being attacked by an intruder as well as cases such as cattle rustling or someone attempting to steal a piece of farm equipment. You are now able to react confidently to protect yourself and others around you.

Additionally, HB 668 lowers the minimum age requirement for obtaining a concealed carry endorsement from 23 years of age to 21. At the age of 21, Missouri citizens have reached adulthood and been granted full rights. We expect citizens of this age to be responsible enough to own a gun and use it for protection if needed. Changing the age requirement will legally allow them to defend themselves should the occasion arise.

This legislation has been filed, passed out of committee and is hopefully making its way to the House Floor for debate. We want this bill to send a clear message to criminals: if you enter a home or property unlawfully, you may be facing very serious consequences. We hope that HB 668 puts a damper on these offenses and allows Missourians to rest with a little more ease when they go to sleep at night. We believe as land and property owners, you deserve these rights. You shouldn’t be limited when it comes to your livelihood and the safety of your family. We are hard at work to make sure of it.

Representative Dr Dan Brown for the 149th District

I wonder if this means we can shot people sealing for boats
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this means we can shot people sealing for boats[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on what they were sealing it for?? Sorry just couldn't stop myself.:D

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news, let's hope it all we have doesn't get taken away.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I wonder if this means we can shot people sealing for boats
    I guess it depends on what they were sealing it for?? Sorry just couldn't stop myself.:D[/quote]

I cant say anything bad I do worse

net sealing typing.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr beagle you are up early ain't ya. Got all the weddings and anniversaries over with. Time to start fishing not eating. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I would have some recourse for those kids picking my wifes flowers! LOL
    Seriously though, with the economy, things have really picked up around here in terms of theft. I heard of 4 Mules (4 wheeled, non-braying type) being stolen around this area in the last couple of weeks. My uncle had a brand new New Holland Skid steer stolen right out of the parking lot in front of his shop. Caught the guy on camera at the local Case-IH-New Holland dealership getting a key made, but there was no front tag on the truck, pulling a gooseneck flatbed, and he wasn't from around here, so hard telling where its at now. I I live on the farm, and I started pulling keys out of all my trucks/equipment.