Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: technical reading

Post Thanks / Like

Default technical reading

Anyone have any favorite reading as related to crappie fishing? I need to supply the library with new reading, and am amazed at the amount of published literature about crappie fishing. Looking for some shortcuts.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Anyone have any favorite reading as related to crappie fishing? I need to supply the library with new reading, and am amazed at the amount of published literature about crappie fishing. Looking for some shortcuts.
    Big Zig, crappie world magazine is a good one. I have subscribed to it for the last 3years. It has great tips and techniques although I have not tryed them all myself yet.lol I have used some of them with good success. Just my 2 cents.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - but I'm looking for more of the titled reading, not subscribed reading. The ones I will be ordering from out-of-print copyrights are Crappies! and Trolling for Crappies, both are over 90 pages so I'm hoping the information can be applied. I did a search at the local bookstore and came up with over 12 titles that are still available; kinda surprised me. I know the In-Fisherman had a series of species specific books out back in the '80's (I have their Walleye Wisdom and Pike Wisdom), and one was specific to crappie. haven't been able to find that one locally.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Seasonal Structure for Crappie, Monster Crappie, Winning Secrets for Crappie. These are by Tim Huffman and are excellent books for the crappie angler. Crappie Wisdom is also really great, I think it may be an infisherman publication. You may be able to get it off of the net a crappiestuff.com. My books were bought from there as birthday gifts and tehy had excellent service.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny you should mention In-fisherman

We just got a catalog in today's mail and they list Crappie Wisdom, Crappie Tactics for Lakes and Reservoirs, Spring Crappie Connections for viewing in VHS. They also list Crappie Wisdom in book form and as a combo package with the Tactics video.

http://www.shop.in-fisherman.com or call them at 1-800-260-5397 - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb hey Zig

you can order several of the books right from this site. Go to www.crappie.com/links.html : books by Lindner, Dance, Larsen, etc. ....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    you can order several of the books right from this site. Go to www.crappie.com/links.html : books by Lindner, Dance, Larsen, etc. ....cp
    "Who's the man?" - You 'da man! :D Thanks - If I'd only use the void between my ears at times..........