Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing before a storm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing before a storm

Here in the Carolinas we are due yet another storm tomorrow. It is drizzling and wet today. Does the approach of the strong winds and rain increase or decrease fishing success? If you don't mind getting wet after work is it worth it? I know there is lots of years of experience fishing just curious to eveyones thoughts on fishing before and after and storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing before a storm front can be fantastic but I think it depends largely on the type of front that is moving through.

The turkey, deer and geese were moving like crazy this morning feeding ahead of the front due to hit here this afternoon. I told my wife on the drive in to work that the fish were probably going bananas as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I always seem to have better luck beflor a front and lousy fishing after.

Post Thanks / Like

I catch my biggest fish before a storm! I try never to miss the opportunity.

It happened, again, earlier this past month. The crappie just went crazy and I wound up with a $125.00 taxidermy fee for the 3lb 4oz white crappie--just one of several hosses of that day.

So, put on your rain gear and get with it. <><

aj

Post Thanks / Like

It can be great fishing but when the lightning moves in get off the water, it ain't worth getting killed to fish.

fatman
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-02-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing after a storm can be good too if you don't get a quick high pressure system right after. If clouds remain and things stay overcast, fish away!
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

It was good for me, today! Fish were biting Good!

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished during a storm before. My dad and I rented a boat with no motor on it, just oars. This was in Wis. Fishing on Big Cedar Lake when a severe thunderstorm with high winds came through. We were in a cove really close to the launch marina. My dad tried to row towards the ramp, but the wind wanted to blow us out to the middle of the lake, so he rowed back into the cove and let the wind push us to shore. We grabbed everything and got out fast. We made our way back through the woods to the launch marina. We came back the next day to help the folks there bail out the rainwater in the boat we shored. That was a scary, because of the lightening and high winds.
    Before the storm the fishing was great. We still talk about that day.

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishing before a storm/front. I've also had many days on KY Lake where it was raining and I could see my breath as the front was pushing through and just wore them out. However, I hate nothing more than bluebird skies the day after the front has pushed through.

Post Thanks / Like

i like to fish before the storm
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast