Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gunnel track mount accessories

Post Thanks / Like

Default gunnel track mount accessories

I have a 20' Crestliner that is made with a track in the gunnel for mounting accessories like rod holders. Who makes bases/accessories that fit these tracks? The Tracker Grizzley is made with the verstrack which is probably the same thing. You woud think BPS would sell these accessories but none are listed on their website. Thanks.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Post plug neck

check with captain garys
    1-800-325-7181
    www.captgarys.com
    he sells about any kind of mounts and tracks made
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

My Lowe has the same track that your Crestliner has. Lowe had a plastics vendor set up to sell mounts that fit the tracks but they went under. I made my own out of aluminum. It was kind of a pain in the butt, boy are they nice though. I can mount my holders and slide them anywhere along the length of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tracker accessories are sold through Tracker, not Bass Pro. You have to go to the Tracker parts counter to get them. I use stainless 1/4" x 20 carriage bolts and make my own mount bases out of 1" square aluminum and put Driftmaster holders on them. Make sure to use nylon or rubber spacers between mount and gunnel to keep from scratching your boat. If you want the ones that look like the Tracker rod holders, just go to Bass Pro and get their set that is similar and go to Lowes and buy the bolts to fit the gunnel. Saves a lot of money.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep seeing this post when I search online for accessories for my boat's 1/4" gunnel track, and had to reply. The dealer options I've found seem WAY overpriced considering they are just a piece of plastic. It got to the point where I was considering Oaksjs suggestion above of making my own, but I know they would look horrible since I am not that handy (plus, if I have the free time, I would rather be on the water!). I finally found a decent aftermarket option that I thought was worth sharing. I never heard of the group but the bracket is 100% aluminum, fully machined, and they actually look pretty sharp. I got one to just see what is what, and they are definitely worth a peak. Here is their site link: www.phischon.com
    Last edited by paperlips; 08-04-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We will have stainless bases for the track system in about a week. It will be set up for Driftmaster, Santee, or any other 3/8" or 1/2" rod holders. We will also have them in plain so that you can drill and mount your own accessories. Everything will be in stainless steel and priced reasonably. I will post them when they are totally ready. Proper bolts have been our big hangup but that problem is being solved. These are also made in the USA.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Our bases designed for the aluminum boats that have the track system are now ready. These bases will accept 1/2" or 3/8" rod holders. We even have some that are not drilled so that you can install your own accessories. They come with bolts for the track systems on War Eagle, Lowe, G3, Triton aluminum and other boats. I can send you pictures but I don't think I can post them here. These bases are not yet on our website. Extreme Fishing Concepts Driftmaster rod holders , Santee rod holders , Joy Fish cast nets and Redi Rig Floats PM me for further info or give us a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    check with captain garys
    1-800-325-7181
    www.captgarys.com
    he sells about any kind of mounts and tracks made
    Link doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

The link will send you to our website but the bases are not yet on our website. They have just been finalized and it will take awhile to get them on the website. You will have to send me a PM or email at [email protected] or give us a call at the number in the website. I have pictures I can send to you.