Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hobie outback, or porta boat?? Help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hobie outback, or porta boat?? Help!!

My Gf and I are having a discussion, as to which I should get.. I like both the hobie outback and the porta boat(its the fold up boat).. Now with the hobie the have a 2 seater model, so we can both usa it, but she likes the porta boat for it has a canopy to keep the sun off us, but also its gonna cost more, with the batteries and charger and trolling motor..

What do you guys think ??

Post Thanks / Like

I like my kayak. Faster than a canoe and quieter than my jon boat. Depends what you are looking for. Kayaks are light, easy to carry, and holds plenty of gear. Mine is a Wilderness systems Pamlico 120 angler package and it is my favorite fishing boat. It says a lot since i have 2 yaks, a canoe, and a 14 ft jon. There are some 2 person models, but they are a bit heavier and have a reputation as "divorce boats". Maybe get 2 lightwieght yaks?

A good source for kayak info is www.paddling.net
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin
    I like my kayak. Faster than a canoe and quieter than my jon boat. Depends what you are looking for. Kayaks are light, easy to carry, and holds plenty of gear. Mine is a Wilderness systems Pamlico 120 angler package and it is my favorite fishing boat. It says a lot since i have 2 yaks, a canoe, and a 14 ft jon. There are some 2 person models, but they are a bit heavier and have a reputation as "divorce boats". Maybe get 2 lightwieght yaks?

A good source for kayak info is www.paddling.net
    I'm not too keen on kayaks, but with this one being pedal powered, I'm figuring that it'll be a bit more stable, and with having a paddle handy also in case of a jam(emergency), I can still scamper off somewhat..

Besides my Gf, wants something where we can both play in be it fiching or what ever..

Thanks for the info on the other 'yaks'.

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Default porte a bote

Quote Originally Posted by tuxdaddy
    My Gf and I are having a discussion, as to which I should get.. I like both the hobie outback and the porta boat(its the fold up boat).. Now with the hobie the have a 2 seater model, so we can both usa it, but she likes the porta boat for it has a canopy to keep the sun off us, but also its gonna cost more, with the batteries and charger and trolling motor..

What do you guys think ??
    I had a 12ft p-bote for a few years when we owned a travel trailer, they are a good boat, but expensive, and a pain to put together by yourself.there are more economical ways to fish,but if you are young and strong enough to put up with the hassle, once those porte a botes are put together, they are pretty good, had mine on the gulf of mexico not far from shore in 3 ft swells and felt comfortable, foolish, but comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the one thing I was afraid of with them, that they'd a pain to put together by myself.. Thanks for the info..

Tux