Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton Friday Evening

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Friday Evening

Anybody thinking about fishing Stockton Friday evening?

I was planning on fishing Saturday or Sunday. Well Sunday is kind of looking like and wash and then looked at the winds for Saturday and they are looking like they are really going to be blowing.

So I'm thinking Friday evening might be the best time for this working boy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    Anybody thinking about fishing Stockton Friday evening?

I was planning on fishing Saturday or Sunday. Well Sunday is kind of looking like and wash and then looked at the winds for Saturday and they are looking like they are really going to be blowing.

So I'm thinking Friday evening might be the best time for this working boy.
    I wish I could but my son has a baseball game for the 5th night in a row. Thinking about going Saturday but watching the weather right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I wish I could but my son has a baseball game for the 5th night in a row. Thinking about going Saturday but watching the weather right now.
    Let me know what you decide Tom for Saturday. 30+ mph winds are not much fun on the ocean, wait I mean Stockton.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    Let me know what you decide Tom for Saturday. 30+ mph winds are not much fun on the ocean, wait I mean Stockton.
    Will do Friday when I get home from the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't Mother Nature, like, mandated that the wind blow all-day, every-day on Stockton? Not sure what it is about the lay of the land down there but it sure seems that the wind is ALWAYS blowing on that place. When I was a kid we fished almost exclusively at Stockton (I have family in Lockwood, just a few miles down the road), we had a small (maybe 14', I don't really remember) aluminum fishing boat and the waves would just pound the snot out of us as we went to fish and as we headed back to camp. Seems like the wind blew every day there. Good crappie fishing though, so worth it.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Friday evening looks really good wind wise and it may be the best time to fish all weekend. Don't know where you are planning to fish but you may want to try for Walleye if the crappie are not biting. Throw jerk baits shallow from the bank to about 15feet out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Friday evening looks really good wind wise and it may be the best time to fish all weekend. Don't know where you are planning to fish but you may want to try for Walleye if the crappie are not biting. Throw jerk baits shallow from the bank to about 15feet out.
    Tom, I'm planning on putting in at Crabtree and fishing the main lake points up towards the dam area for Walleye. Looks like it maybe pretty nice so if the Walleye have not produced within a couple hours after dark and it's still nice I might even try dropping a couple of lites and trying for crappie. We shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

JLT and I are going in the morning plan on launching at CC and going up river.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Chris is still cleaning FISH this evening!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's 11:50 and I just got in.

Can say that the fishing was all that great this evening but it was a great night to be on the water.

Put in at Crabtree Cove and fished most of the main lake points up to the dam. All I managed to get in the boat were two large mouths. Looked like a boat convention at the first point on the east side of the lake from the Dam. I counted 11 boats sitting there. I can honestly say that prior to it getting dark I didn't see another boat catch a single fish besides me. I talked to several of these boats and no one had done any good. We counted 24 boat trailers in the lot and when we put in and just one trailer left besides ours when we left. I mostly threw a Smithwick Rogue in clown color and tried a couple of other things also but to no avail. Did see lots of fish on the graph from 12 to 25 feet deep. I guess they were just not wanting to bite.

Anyway, that is the short of the story. We pulled off the water at 10:30. Even though we didn't have fish to clean it was still and AWESOME night on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast