Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help Needed On Posting Messages

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Needed On Posting Messages

Unfortunately, I know more about crappie fishing than I do about computers! I have a few questions about posting messages.

First of all, how do get more room to post a message. Also why do my tabs disappear on the front of my paragraphs.

Thanks in advance for the help! I really enjoy reading and posting messages and replies.

CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

There's all sort of room. You just keep typing and then you can hit enter and additional lines pop up.

Tabs, not sure what you mean? You just type, hitting tabs takes to another selection on your browser, and out ofthe text box.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I felt like I probably wasn't making myself very clear when I first typed my message. What I was talking about was when I space over 4 or 5 spaces to start a paragraph then when I post my message the spaces are not there anymore.

Thanks for the help EDHEAD!

CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I believe what Slabbandit .....

is talking about is "paragraph indentations".... where the new paragraph starts a couple of spaces to the right of the left hand margin of the text area (as in proper letter writing format).

What is causing all the lines of text to be moved to the left margin, I believe, is a "format" setup that is pre-set to move all lines to the left margin ... where all new lines of text are moved to the left margin, automatically.
    I will try and test the "Indent" format (see the symbol under the word [size], at the top of this text area.

If this works ... this line will be indented by several spaces (test).

OK - looks like it worked ... but it required me to "manually" highlight the sentence, then click on the "Indent" icon. That's a hassle, just to indent the beginning of a new paragraph, but it can be done. ........ cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just trype the words and if it isent proper dont worr we know what you are talking about . we dont worry about sprelling either . just git the info out and git to the water . the wife and i are on our way .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks Crappiepappy, my wife told me the same thing about the format. I agree that this would be way too much trouble just to indent each paragraph.

I find it's just as easy to drop each paragraph down a few lines and not worry about the indention.

I would like to know how you guys put up web addresses and make them link to the website when hit.

I graduated high school in'78. Just before the computers were common in schools.

Thanks for helping out an old "computer-illiterate" crappie fisherman! :D

CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Start your message and then go to the top of the page you want to link to. Where it says address, click it one time and it will turn blue. Now right click it. go down to copy and click it. Now go back to where you want to put the link, put your cursor there, right click and click paste. Presto, its there. For example
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=9234

If its on another web site, I find it easier just to open my explorer again, go to the site, copy the address, then come back here and paste it. Hope that makes sense. Someone else may have a simpler way.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

This paragraph should be left justified and every sentence should start at the very left side of the page.

This paragraph is right justified and every sentence should be sitting against the right side of the page like this.

The paragraph is centered in the middle of the page and each sentence will be centered in the middle of the page like this.

1. This is a numbered bullet list and item number 1 on this line
    2. this is item number two
    3. this is item number three
    This is something that I don't know what will apepar. LOL But I am going to find out what happenes with this paragraph formating setup.

Now I have no idea what this will look like either but lets see what happens when I type a few sentences. So far it appears to be indented five spaces from the left hand margin on every sentence.

This is left justified sentence structure or paragrah again. Each sentence should start a the left most margin and be left justified on the page.

The icons at the top of the page will allow you to choose different types of formating for each paragraph. Left justified is the default choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    is talking about is "paragraph indentations".... where the new paragraph starts a couple of spaces to the right of the left hand margin of the text area (as in proper letter writing format).
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy

What is causing all the lines of text to be moved to the left margin, I believe, is a "format" setup that is pre-set to move all lines to the left margin ... where all new lines of text are moved to the left margin, automatically.
    I will try and test the "Indent" format (see the symbol under the word [size], at the top of this text area.

If this works ... this line will be indented by several spaces (test).

OK - looks like it worked ... but it required me to "manually" highlight the sentence, then click on the "Indent" icon. That's a hassle, just to indent the beginning of a new paragraph, but it can be done. ........ cp
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Start your message and then go to the top of the page you want to link to. Where it says address, click it one time and it will turn blue. Now right click it. go down to copy and click it. Now go back to where you want to put the link, put your cursor there, right click and click paste. Presto, its there. For example
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=9234

If its on another web site, I find it easier just to open my explorer again, go to the site, copy the address, then come back here and paste it. Hope that makes sense. Someone else may have a simpler way.

Thanks IBNFSHN, this is really helpful info. Now if I could just learn to type I'd be battin' a hundred!!!

CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN