Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B n M jig pole for trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

Default B n M jig pole for trolling?

I already have a few B n M jig poles. I would like to try trolling for crappie. Will these poles be OK our do I need to look at getting poles designed for trolling.
    Last edited by NBCrappie; 04-01-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

use what you have. they should be fine

Post Thanks / Like

That's all I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful...I have 2 BnM 12' brush cutters that I like so I bought another 4 BnM pro trollers 2 10's and 2 12's. I used them for the first time Tue. and one of the 12' got hung and snapped right in half before I could even think about getting it out of the rod holder. Broke right where the two pieces fit together. I had the drag set real light and it broke just as the drag released. I really like their rods but this bummed me out.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't beat the B & M poles.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

It is according to what type trolling you plan on doing slow troll or ( spider rig) 12' work good if you will be long lining you want some 12s and 10s to space the jigs out. if you are pushing floats about anything will work. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

what about the 14 ft jig poles. I have one and I have always thought it would break. To be honest I do not like to fish it because it seems too light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NBCrappie View Post
    what about the 14 ft jig poles. I have one and I have always thought it would break. To be honest I do not like to fish it because it seems too light.
    i use my 16 ft bgjp's for slow trolling all the time. i've had them bow up almost under the boat and still haven't broken them. my buddy broke the tip out of one pulling in a fish once, but that was our fault. he reeled it up way too close to the end of the pole and lifted it up and it snapped right off.

Post Thanks / Like

14' works good pulling jigs. up front I use a 14,12,10 out each side when I pull jigs. when I spider rig I use eight/12' capps and colman out front.

Post Thanks / Like

When I spider rig in clear water I usually go with eight 16 ft B&M ProStaffs and/or Capps & Colemans (depending on the waves) and sometimes even swap out the front or side two for a couple of the 18 footers. Otherwise I usually use 4-16's, 2-14's, and 2-12's in the front of the boat. I started out using shorter poles and found that when fishing side-by-side with some of my buddies I wasn't catching anywhere near what they were with the longer poles. I found that the longer poles make a huge difference if you are fishing 9-10 ft or shallower. And the shallower you are fishing and/or clearer the water ... the more difference it makes! Trust Me.... Those fish have a brain for a reason. If they didn't there wouldn't be any left!!!!
    From the ARK-LA-MISS Delta....... Crappie Paradise ! ! ! !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast