Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing report.

Fished Yellow Creek this morning. Brought home 11 crappie over 10" and throwed away about that many small ones. And lost a few.
    Spider riging in 25 ft of water. And the fish were around 16 to 18 ft deep.

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images   

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Red. Any chance of you coming to our SACA tournament on Wheeler and fishing with us Saturday? Or maybe fish the Pickwick-Wilson tournament on September 3rd? Would love to have you. We have meetings on Wednesday at 7:30 before each tournament.

David
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

David Thanks but I can't handle the heat. Had to quit about 10 am this morning. The last stint they put in my heart does not like the Heat.
    All of these came off a flat in 25 ft of water. And drifting minnows a 0.2 MPH. slow but that is what the bigger fish wonted to bite. slow down or stop and the fish would bite.
    All of them were on minnows, But one and it was on a white jig.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

ShilohRed,
    You have a nice set-up. I hope to one day soon get my new boat set up that way. Good Catch! You-da-man!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    ShilohRed,
    You have a nice set-up. I hope to one day soon get my new boat set up that way. Good Catch! You-da-man!
    Deacon its a work in progress. I still have a few bugs to work out. Like the rudders for the side to keep the wind from blowing the boat around. :D
    And the spider rig holder. I built it in about 2 hours, And it still has some fine tuning to work out. but it catches fish, And that is all that counts.

Good fishing

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, looking good there. That picture over the front of the boat -
    looks familiar - that isn't the flat out in front of what they call
    the "pickle park" is it???

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Deacon its a work in progress. I still have a few bugs to work out. Like the rudders for the side to keep the wind from blowing the boat around. :D
    And the spider rig holder. I built it in about 2 hours, And it still has some fine tuning to work out. but it catches fish, And that is all that counts.

Good fishing

Pete
    Red

I also have a problem with the wind on my small fiberglass, would you be willing to share more about these "rudders" you are talking about?

Trihull

Post Thanks / Like

I have a short piece of 1/2" black pipe with a screw on cap bolted to the side of the boat. Back and front. Then a black metal T slides over that. Then screw on the cap. Theres a piece of black pipe (length to fit the side depth of your boat) screwed into the T then a T on the bottom of that. Then from that T 2 short pipes sticking out from that T. Then take an old road sign and bolt to the short pieces of pipe and the long piece at the bottom. This way if you hit a stump the rudder can swing.
    Theres one about a foot from the back of my boat and the front one along the same line as the seat bases on the front deck. If you need pictures like me know and I will try to get some of them.
    They work great, But you need the bottom T and short pipe to be below the bottom of the boat about 10 or 12". And the metal you bolt to that to stick about 8" below that.
    You will have to pick up the front one to turn. but they will keep the wind from blowing the boat around.
    I picked all the pieces up at Lowe's.. you will need 4 3/4" T's and 2 half inch caps 2 1/2" short pipes to bolt to the side of the boat. sticking out over the side. Then 2 long 3/4" pipe length to work on your side depth. Then 4 short 3/4" pipe to fit into the bottom T's/..

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Trihull
    Red

I also have a problem with the wind on my small fiberglass, would you be willing to share more about these "rudders" you are talking about?

Trihull

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White
    Hey, looking good there. That picture over the front of the boat -
    looks familiar - that isn't the flat out in front of what they call
    the "pickle park" is it???
    That would be behind us and the island is in front. Also they are cutting all the timber there and looks like the great state of MS has let it go to build houses on..

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear about even more timber cutting - The last bunch they cut
    let more muddy run-off into the creek than I have ever seen. I don't
    fish up there as much as I used to, but back in '97-'99 I don't remember
    it getting so muddy. Have some pics of me and my daughter up there
    this Spring, and it looks like the MS River. It ought to be a capital offense
    to cut a tree, hardwood anyway. Still po'ed at TVA too, for renting out
    the ramp at Goat Island. Unless it is BAD cold, I'll put in at Scrugg's
    bridge and make the run instead of paying. I usually have a yearly
    pass to use the Corps. ramps. Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast