Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i'm trying nibbles for the fisrt time, any suggestions?

slab crappie attitude Guest

Default i'm trying nibbles for the fisrt time, any suggestions?

i bought two jars of different nibbles at walmart a couple days ago, don't exactly know how to use it yet. my guess is to mold it to the jig and picth it to trees in water? or can you use a float, and can you just stick it through the hook on the jig? these are some of my brainfarts on this attractent any help ya'll i would appriciate it alot, great fishin to ya' larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie nibbles help

If it's warm outside and sunny you can lay a few of the nibbles out somewhere on your boat or fishing spot and let the skin dry out some. That way they stay on the hook better. If it's damp outside or foggy that won't work as they will absorb more moisture and they won't dry out. But on sunny days they will dry out nicely. Just takes about 15 minute or 30 minutes for them to harden up. If they get too hard just put them back inside the jar and add a few drops of water to the jar. Screw the lid back on the jar and they will absorb the moisture and soften back up.

I just put them right onto the jig's hook. I slide them past the barb of the hook. Some guys inject or move them up all the way inside the hollow jigs but I found that is hard to do when the hook from the jig is inside the hollow plastic jig body. ie the hook gets in the way. So I just slide the nibble past the bar of the hook an up again the end of the jigs hollow bodies. I use the Southern Pro type jigs style only in the Bass Pro Shop Squirmin Squirts. They are basically the same thing only there are different colors from both companies.

Oh yea and hold onto your pole as if there are any crappie around when you dip your crappie nibbles in the water at the right depth and speed they are going to hit you baits. Well not if they are in a negative mood but watch out if they are in a neutral or positive mood and you put a nibble where they can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by slab crappie attitude
    i bought two jars of different nibbles at walmart a couple days ago, don't exactly know how to use it yet. my guess is to mold it to the jig and picth it to trees in water? or can you use a float, and can you just stick it through the hook on the jig? these are some of my brainfarts on this attractent any help ya'll i would appriciate it alot, great fishin to ya' larry
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab crappie attitude

Yeah - go buy more! :D
    I just started using them for the first time as well about two weeks ago - I put one right on the hook of whatever jig I'm using - experiment with color, it makes a difference. I haven't even tried fishing them by themselves (plain hook) because a tipped jig is working so well for me. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do what Moose says

When we use them, we do the same - dry out a little and slide onto the hook. We have used them with jigs and wet flys and even on painted jig heads without a body. We cast and retrieve, jig vertically, or fish under a bobber, depending on where we are and what we're fishing for. Bluegills inhale them even faster than crappie. Last Saturday, the crappie were more interested in a jig tipped with a nibble or waxworm than they were in minnows. Oh - caught a channel cat on one, too. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I went last weekend and was using 1'' twister tails with nibbles on the hook behind the tail, the little brim were shreading the tails. Instead of putting on a new tail once, I pinched the nibble on the hook between the jighead and tail to hold the shreaded tail on, like a collar. The twister tail had better action and the nibbles stayed on better, once I found some crappie they seemed to like the set up. I guess even little brim are good for something.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Never been a nibbles fan but yall' got me thinkin' about it...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Common Patrick!

If you fish for pan fish of any kind you have to try the crappie nibbles. Patrick you know that Frank Ison (Two time winner of the Spring Crappie USA Patoak Lake tournament) used Berkely's Chartruse crappie nibbles to win the tournament two years in a row. www.crappieusa.com Check out the Patoka Lake Spring 2002 and 2003 tournament results at their web site.

Frank showed me his system and it includes using crappie nibble. Now I have been fishing for a long time but when I see someone with 20 big crappie in thier live well and they show me the jigs and the equipment and the spot where they caught them all I am very keen to listen to what they have to say. Expecially when I have been fishing for 2 hours and have not had one bite yet. Well this is how I met Frank one day in April 2003. He showed me his winning system and also showed me the fish that he had caught using Crappie nibbles. I personally watched him return 15 or so big crappie to the lake. I watched as he pulled each big crappie out of his livewell and put them back into the water. I also saw the fish that were caught and put in the 100Quart Igloo Coolers at the marina after the 2003 Patoka Lake crappie USA tournament and I saw huge Crappie in three of those coolers. Now that got my juices going. All those crappie were 1lbs or larger with the largest going 2.8lbs. Franks and his partner Brian Estridge caught ten crappie that weighted in at 13.14lbs to win the 2003 Spring Tournament at Patoka Lake. Now this was a Region 3 Crappie USA SUPER EVENT with people coming to the lake from TEN different States. Now Frank and Brian were forced into the Semi Pro division since they had won the year before as amatures.

The first place amature team used black/chartuse jigs to win the 2003 Crappie USA Super Event at Patoka lake.

So why not add a chartruse crappie nibble to the Chartruse coloed tails of your jigs. Scent DOES make a huge difference. It's like fishing with a live minnow.

I started using scents back in 1978 when my late father ordered some DR JUICE though the catalog. I started using Dr Juice and it worked. I caught more bass than ever before. Now I have been fishing since I was knee high to my tadpole, and still am learning. I learned that crappie nibbles and Dr Juice worked and helped me catch a lot more fish.

BTW I don't work for any fishing product company and only endorse products that I have used and found to be effective.

For less than $3.00 you can find out if they work or not. Take a jar and add a nibble to you jigs hook and try them out in a place where you have caught crappie before. I am willing to bet that you catch more fish. It's a slam dunk mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Vowell
    Never been a nibbles fan but yall' got me thinkin' about it...
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I promise to give them a try at the classics coming up and I will give you a report on it...

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got some from Cabela's and gave them a half hearted try with NO bites. But that's OK, I didn't get any bites on anything else.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nibbles

Fishing has been the pits for me up here in N. E. PA. Been skunked 2 out of the past 3 trips. Just got back yesterday from a 2 day excursion and only had one keeper size that went back anyhow. That fish came on a nibble after exhausting all our minnows without one taker. I'm a believer in the nibbles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast