Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: board format

Post Thanks / Like

Default board format

I do not care much for the format used on this message board. The messages posted the same day are highlighted, but once past midnight they are no longer highlighted, and that is about the time I do my message board viewing. I prefer unread messages highlighted, and read messages to be smaller text no matter what day it is. It takes too long to sort through which messages I have read and which ones I haven't. There are so many fishing boards out there, this is the only one that doesn't keep unread messages highlighted. Just my opinion though.

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't had any problem as long as i don't log out when i leave.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that also. I am not sure if it has to do with the way my browser is setup to keep the cookies or with the privacy settings or what. At times the new message remained in darker text and I can see the new message. Also the way you setup the browser to cach stuff may have an effect on how you see the new messages.

Or it could be a setting that Ed can change. I really don't know for sure what controls this.

I do know that sometimes while I am posting and I close the browers and return to this forum that some of the new messages already appear as they have been read.
    Quote Originally Posted by crappie66
    I do not care much for the format used on this message board. The messages posted the same day are highlighted, but once past midnight they are no longer highlighted, and that is about the time I do my message board viewing. I prefer unread messages highlighted, and read messages to be smaller text no matter what day it is. It takes too long to sort through which messages I have read and which ones I haven't. There are so many fishing boards out there, this is the only one that doesn't keep unread messages highlighted. Just my opinion though.
    Regards,

Moose1am

ray Guest

Yes, I also have that problem, is no biggie, however it would be nice to quickly see which ones I havent read.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. I know it's timed. If you return to the board, all the threads not seen are highlighted. But if you stay on that screen for a while and refresh, even if you have not read a thread, it's not highted anymore. And new threads are highlighted.

I checked the FAQ and did not find anything.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

If I stay logged in and come back the next day, it has the threads highlighted that have new post added to them. If I dont read them and close out and then come back in a hour. It will show them as un-highlighted threads, unless someone added something.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I never log off. When done reading I go to Quick Links and click Mark Forums Read. When I come back I click New Posts and that is all I see. If I want to see an old post, I click on Crappie.com at the top and then go to whatever forum I want.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

That is what happens to me all the time too. I miss a lot of new posts because of that. I also use the backspace button a lot instead of using the next thread feature. I like to view the main forum threads and then choose which thread to read.

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    If I stay logged in and come back the next day, it has the threads highlighted that have new post added to them. If I dont read them and close out and then come back in a hour. It will show them as un-highlighted threads, unless someone added something.
    Regards,

Moose1am