Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jon boat project

Post Thanks / Like

Default jon boat project

Im working on the ultimate trolling jon boat. I will pick it up tommorow, its in good shape but i need a trailer. If any of you have one, i will be willing to take it off your hands. Not looking at spending too much on this project, just want something to get me by until the crappie machine is back up and running. I have a 24V AP that i plan on putting on it, but havent figured out how to mount it yet. I should have some pic soon if any of you have any suggestions on how to mount it. Also have some spare rod holders that im going to put on it this week.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

what kind is it i have put foot trollers on a few diff way on john boats pics would help=p
    and what happen to the crappie machine
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Its a small 12ft Jon boat, not sure what make. Blew the motor on the Stratos its going to be a while before im back in action.

Post Thanks / Like

hey di look here craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums i think i saw a trailer on it lastnight, aslo if your looking for some boat mods look at this site tinyboats some of these guys go way over on thier mods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default trailer

DI I have a trailer that I will give you ,it needs tires and bearings but would be perfect for small jon boat, thats what was on it before,the only thing is you would have to drive to macon and pick it up in the back of a truck but if you want it just let me know its yours
    TROLLWHACKER

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have several boats and traylors . they are to big for a john boat.
    just need to git rid of some boats . have one that i was thinking about cutting up and puting in a dumpster :D. i have this one iwas thinking about putting a old 85 hp 1975 motor on it.

this is the one i need to scrap.

Last edited by papasage; 04-01-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

hey di what the crappie doing on the hill soap creek or fishen creek...

Post Thanks / Like

cant help on the trailer di, but check out Home. great site for rigging jon boats. sure you can come up with some mounting ideas there. my old jon boat project is on there also

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TROLLWHACKER View Post
    DI I have a trailer that I will give you ,it needs tires and bearings but would be perfect for small jon boat, thats what was on it before,the only thing is you would have to drive to macon and pick it up in the back of a truck but if you want it just let me know its yours
    TROLLWHACKER
    Thanks trollwhacker,
    If you let me know what size tires i would need and type of bearings. I might just get them and come down there this weekend.

thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like

Drill if you need a ride we can meet you most any day with a little notice I'm 180 miles from amity ramp. my boat is set up for trolling but we can shoot docks to.
    Allatoona Bandit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast