Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The ole Blue Goose is ready to go

Post Thanks / Like

Default The ole Blue Goose is ready to go

This evening I finally have me a "new" to me outboard back on the Blue Goose. I had to try it out, so I stopped off at Tims for like 45 minutes on my way home. Caught 1 LM Bass and 2 sunperch, but 0 crappie.Wind was horendous. Motor checks out great and is awsome. It has way more power than I have ever had. This Mercury 150 has way more power than the Johnson 150 I just had and my Evinrude 150 that I had b4 that. It's very powerful and scary fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Toby; glad to hear you are back on the water.now maybe the wind will calm down and we can fish a little.I will be on Nickajack all weekend and it is brutal especially of the wind is blowing up the river.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I cant wait to hear back on how you guys did over there.Feel free to call me sometime with an update if you wish.Have fun bro.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GoneCrappieFishing View Post
    Yea, I cant wait to hear back on how you guys did over there.Feel free to call me sometime with an update if you wish.Have fun bro.
    Great news GCF!!

Post Thanks / Like

toby,it's good to hear the blue goose is flying again,i know you will really enjoy that 150 merc.what did the water level at tims look like?
    GOD loves fishermen,the earth is 75% water

Post Thanks / Like

The water appeared to me to be up some from the winter pool that it had been at, but I really didn't pay a great load of attention to it. I would guess maybe a foot or two, but purely a guess there. As for Tims, besides what I have heard from others, to me it's a great lake to relax on. No crappie have ever lost their life to me on Tims, but I feel certain that will change.In all honesty I have not fished Tims for crappie very much at all but man at the days and nights I've spent bass and stripe fishing it over the past few years. Tims seems to be a good place to catch some fish if you know how to deal with the deep water and use the resources that it offers. I am looking forward to learning it.Thanks to the club I get the opportunity to do that. Otherwise I'd been in the lineup at Woods saturday.lol

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal on the Blue Goose!!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around