Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new condo design revisited.

Post Thanks / Like

Default new condo design revisited.

I keep getting inquiries about this unit and pictures on old post disapeared so here it is again. We assemble them in the boat.

This is our latest design. Works well. Won't tip over and wouldn't hurt if it did.

Finished product

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/ERNEST1042/base.jpg[/IMG]

Base

Start with half bucket, five pieces of 1" PVC pipe four ft long, five pieces of 1" PVC pipe 10" long, one straight 1" coupling, four 45 degree couplings. I attached four of the 10" PVC pipes vertically to the sides of the bucket with screws. Fill bucket full of concrete with the fifth 10" Pipe in the center. Glue on the fittings after the conc sets good. Attach the leaves to the arms with two screws each. I wait to glue the arms on until I'm in the lake and ready to drop the unit. The
    arms will act like a parachute and land the unit upright. I made a handle by embeding a loop of roamex wire in the conc.

Closeup of finished base

I use approx 20 leaves per unit and place three units in each location. I prefer to put the curved side up so the jig will slide off it but it doesn't matter to the fish.

Typical arm (4 required)

Top (center post, one required)

Viewed on side imaging sonar (no fish around it)

Viewed on Regular sonar. (fish on it)

Bucket cutter (Wear safety glasses) (Be careful)

I cut an x in the bottom of the bucket first and then cut the sides.

Algae will grow on them just fine. Carpet would just catch jigs. Keep it simple.
    Last edited by ERNEST PATY; 03-31-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Good fishing.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ernest,

This is another very interesting post. Be careful with the bucket cutter. Jigs do not hang up on this type design going down to the fish due to the curvature of the cut bucket...or when a fish has taken the lure and is swimming up.

Is their a problem with the frayed ends cutting the line if you are retreiving the lure from beneath a bucket? I use #4 or#6 spider wire because I'm just one of those "Weekend fun anglers." Take care my friend.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.