Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grilled Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Grilled Crappie

Well the other night I saw where one of the treads you guys were talking about grilled Crappie so I decided to try it out this evening.

I took some olive oil and mixed in a little lemon juice and then coated both sides of the filet. Then I just sprinkled a little Mrs. Dash seasoning on them and put them on the grill. 450 degrees and about six or seven minutes on each side. I thought they were really good and so did the ole lady. I will say that the filets that came from about 10 inch crappies were better than the ones from the 14 inch crappies as the bigger one's still had the little bones in them so you had to watch out for them in the bigger filets. I ate the big one's and the wife ate the small ones. She said she didn't find any bones in her's.

So I figured why not take a picture or two. The first picture is when I had just put them on the grill and the second is after they came off.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

You Really Ate That Stuff, Man Give Me The Good Old Heart Stopping,clogging Grease....... Tried That Baking One Time And Wife Won't Let Me Back In The Kitchen....... She Said I Made One Helluva Mess, They Weren't Really That Bad, But Not That Good Either.... Glad You Enjoyed Them.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man those look good!!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

close to the river but not far enough from work
    Post Thanks / Like

butter onions and some pepper on a smoker is off the hook as well , but those look mighty fine all the way here in virginia , nice work

Post Thanks / Like

You might try one of those foil grill bags u can get at wal-mart, more durable than regular foil, put fillets in and alot of butter or olive oil , S&P , and lemon slices, 10 or 12 Minutes. They are pretty good this way, if you can do without the grease.
    A Crappie-Day is a Great Day!

Post Thanks / Like

I cook 'em like this quite often. I go with the olive oil then sprinkle Pensys (sp) lemon pepper on them. It's the best lemon pepper we've tried. If the weather is crappy, like it has been up here for the past week, I'll throw 'em in the oven for a good broiling.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda with O.S.S. if its not swimming in oil for the last time in its life I would rather dig a hole and bury it... But my Babydoll wants to try a "HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE" so we were just talking about grilling her some next time we cook fish - I will still fry mine, it's too hard to beat.
    Good luck fishing,cooking and what ever else you may want to do!
    Ron
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Chris. Just wondering where you come up with a 14" fillet ? Did pole bender give it to you?

J/K
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Looks good Chris. Just wondering where you come up with a 14" fillet ? Did pole bender give it to you?

J/K
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mike. I actually thought about that after I put it that way. Just assumed everyone would know I was talking about a 14" Crappie and not a actual 14" filet.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

BURP.ah
    now for the important question may I have seconds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast